Hancock's Half Hour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm sure it should be fine as long as everyone does as they're supposed to.

As for the rubbish, can't see what's ok about that.

Chris152":39xg8npq said:
As for the rubbish, can't see what's ok about that.

Well what if 99% of the rubbish collected was from the bins? We don't know how much of the 33 tonnes of rubbish was purposely littered.

Hadn't considered that possibility. Maybe 100% was in bins and the msm created the photos of carp everywhere in photoshop.

Rorschach":1ci53h4a said:
As for those who mention the rubbish. I calculate the rubbish to be 66g per person, so not exactly a lot and we don't know if that includes what was put into the bins as the MSM are very good at telling porkies.

In real terms, an empty coke can weighs around 12g, so that's 5 coke cans and a few empty packets of crisps in change per person which when put that way, is quite a bit of rubbish.

Whether the numbers included bins I have no idea.

Chris152":truvrgwa said:
Hadn't considered that possibility. Maybe 100% was in bins and the msm created the photos of carp everywhere in photoshop.

I am certain a proportion was dropped by pineapples who don't care. I am sure that the vast majority was from bins though. Living in a coastal area myself I can guarantee a proportion would have been dragged out of the bins by seagulls, they make an awful mess here every bin day.

Any amount dropped on purpose is too much, I am not pro-littering. But I also know that MSM like to make people look as bad as possible to get clicks on their websites.

Rorschach":3h0r22pv said:
Thing is though, what is the risk? You are outdoors in scorching hot weather. How likely are you to contract C19 in that situation? What would be the infection mechanism?

This will be why there have been absolutely no cases of Covid-19 anywhere in the middle east or Africa or most of the Indian sub continent with their scorching hot weather, wind and intense sunshine and huge numbers of humanity that have to live outside all the time at all

Once again you show how utterly ignorant you are in how disease spreads and it's impact.

doctor Bob":1x3tsisb said:
Yes sorry Jake I wasn't really reffering to your referenced attack, more just everyday life and threat and how being ex army makes a difference. I'm sure there are a lot of bright army people and also a lot of dumb army people, most of my ex army friends were squaddies and I wouldn't trust their judgement any more than the next man.

Sure no problem Bob, I appreciate that, the question got twisted in the answer before your post. I reckon Andy answered the wrong question because it is easier to defend from his perspective (as I understand it) of wanting 1 in 100 risks of death to be acceptable.

Droogs":10vin3ns said:
This will be why there have been absolutely no cases of Covid-19 anywhere in the middle east or Africa or most of the Indian sub continent with their scorching hot weather, wind and intense sunshine and huge numbers of humanity that have to live outside all the time at all

I am quite astounded at the sheer stupidity of what you just posted there. Baffling! :shock:

Rorschach":283y0lca said:
As for those who mention the rubbish. I calculate the rubbish to be 66g per person, so not exactly a lot and we don't know if that includes what was put into the bins as the MSM are very good at telling porkies.

Well, with that comment any last vestige of credibility you had with me has gone out of the window pal. You're talking out of your rear end. I live in Bournemouth, about ten minutes walk from the beach. I can tell you for a fact, having witnessed the aftermath, that the area between the two piers, and westward towards Sandbanks, a stretch of two or three miles, was like armageddon on Wednesday and Thursday evenings after the 'visitors' departed. Acres of plastic bags, bottles, cans, takeaway cartons, still smouldering barbecues, soiled nappies and toilet paper, boxes and bottles containing urine and faeces. You can fantasise all you like, but I am an eye witness.

Rorschach. I suggest you enroll at your local college and learn how to read and understand the English language if you find what I wrote in any way baffling.
You show yourself to be an ignoramus with a highly developed level of sociopathic narcissistic tendencies. I have long given you the benefit of doubt in your rather crude and extremely gauche musings here and in other threads but no more. I wish you all the best in life and may you be lucky enough to experience exactly that which you are prepared to be the lot of others.

Rorschach":1jkjq7h4 said:
Droogs":1jkjq7h4 said:

I am quite astounded at the sheer stupidity of what you just posted there. Baffling! :shock:

Whoosh.

Rorschach":2hdfw99h said:
Terry - Somerset":2hdfw99h said:
Is a day trip to the beach on a warm sunny day worth the risk of contracting or spreading CV-19. The urge for self-indulgence clearly dominates social responsibility and self-preservation!

Thing is though, what is the risk? You are outdoors in scorching hot weather. How likely are you to contract C19 in that situation? What would be the infection mechanism?
Beach during pandemic.jpg

I really don't believe even you could write that, :roll: if you can't see an issue in situations like in the above pic which were there for all to see around the UK then you're either totally ignorant or posting just to be antagonistic. I'm becoming more convinced that either you really are Jacob doing one of his chameleon acts or one of his offspring acting on his behalf.

You know damn well that the risk is there. It's reduced if social distancing is observed and less than it would be indoors but it's still there and seeing the huge numbers of people reportedly packing some of the beaches around the country ( or are you saying that's a lie as well?), there is no way that social distancing was observed.

I also read with interest the arguments comparing the risks with heart disease, obesity and driving and don't totally disagree however there is one point overlooked. If you are obese or have heart problems the risk ONLY to yourself and it's your own choice on how or if you mitigate that risk.

If you are driving a car it will be to yourself and perhaps some members of your family / friends in the car, if you have an accident the risk is limited to those people and the other parties involved in the crash so most common are 2 vehicle collisions and as the majority of passenger car journeys apparently have 1 or 2 occupants the fatality risk is limited to a handful of people can't be compared with C19 risk. Fractures from an RTA can't be passed on to other people can they!

If you go on a crowded beach, get infected you are very likely to spread that to many of those you later come into contact with who will also spread it so you putting probably hundreds of people including those frontline workers who look after the patients in hospital at risk.

All members of society should be able to walk the streets without the risk of being infected by the dickh*ads who believe they aren''t going to die if they ignore rules and sound advice but are perfectly happy to pass infection to everyone else and sod the consequences because they don''t give a sh*t..

Attachments

• Beach during pandemic.jpg
    Beach during pandemic.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 110
This is good news for Scotland:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53192024
It bothers me that that's not the goal (Covid free) I'm hearing from the govt in England/ UK, I get the impression that high rates of infection and death are being accepted and measures to unlock will build on that rather than the opposite, which is what's needed for public health and the economy. There's a lack of realism in their strategy, it seems very short term thinking.

At the end of the article it talks of scientists' fears of what's going to happen in winter - does anyone know if substantial measures are now being put in place to deal with the lack of resources (especially people) in case those fears are realised? Or are we just optimistically (naively) hoping it'll go away?

Droogs":7qvnglrq said:
Rorschach. I suggest you enroll at your local college and learn how to read and understand the English language if you find what I wrote in any way baffling.
You show yourself to be an ignoramus with a highly developed level of sociopathic narcissistic tendencies. I have long given you the benefit of doubt in your rather crude and extremely gauche musings here and in other threads but no more. I wish you all the best in life and may you be lucky enough to experience exactly that which you are prepared to be the lot of others.

You compared the full time lives of people living in Africa/Middle east to an afternoon at the beach as if they are somehow the same.

Yeah I see all the usual suspects jump on the bandwagon as they have found something they can attack me with but I mean honestly, if you really do think the two situations there are the same then lord help you.

selectortone":1kmwzfxk said:
Rorschach":1kmwzfxk said:

Well, with that comment any last vestige of credibility you had with me has gone out of the window pal. You're talking out of your rear end. I live in Bournemouth, about ten minutes walk from the beach. I can tell you for a fact, having witnessed the aftermath, that the area between the two piers, and westward towards Sandbanks, a stretch of two or three miles, was like armageddon on Wednesday and Thursday evenings after the 'visitors' departed. Acres of plastic bags, bottles, cans, takeaway cartons, still smouldering barbecues, soiled nappies and toilet paper, boxes and bottles containing urine and faeces. You can fantasise all you like, but I am an eye witness.

Ok, I can go with that, did you take any pictures? Are you disagreeing with my calculation? I was putting forth an alternative view but I suspect your hatred of me will colour your opinion on everything these days so I'll just move on :mrgreen:

Chris152":3siyaosq said:
This is good news for Scotland:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53192024
It bothers me that that's not the goal (Covid free) I'm hearing from the govt in England/ UK, I get the impression that high rates of infection and death are being accepted and measures to unlock will build on that rather than the opposite, which is what's needed for public health and the economy. There's a lack of realism in their strategy, it seems very short term thinking.

At the end of the article it talks of scientists' fears of what's going to happen in winter - does anyone know if substantial measures are now being put in place to deal with the lack of resources (especially people) in case those fears are realised? Or are we just optimistically (naively) hoping it'll go away?

It'll never go away and C19 "free" is only ever going to be a temporary thing. The lower the infection rate we see now, the higher it will be later on is what I suspect their thinking is. Scotland followed the same basic rules as England and Wales (less strict than Wales actually) and is in a better position because it started with less cases that's all.

Phil Pascoe":1bk8sigx said:
Why on earth would he take pictures?

Seem to be the go-to thing when people are outraged now, take a picture of it and rant on social media :lol:

'Coronavirus lockdown: Warning after Ogmore-by-Sea mass brawl' - one of our local beaches:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53186920
I don't know if they were socially distancing or not.

And on rubbish, again local where 'Increasing amounts of litter could have a "devastating" effect on health, wildlife and tourism in Wales, an environment charity has warned':
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53193425
All pics photoshopped by msm, obvs.

Rorschach":3g53m71b said:
The lower the infection rate we see now, the higher it will be later on is what I suspect their thinking is. Scotland followed the same basic rules as England and Wales (less strict than Wales actually) and is in a better position because it started with less cases that's all.
Who's thinking that? Sounds a bit odd to me. And I'm not sure how many cases anywhere started with - presumably one unless a few were imported at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back