Halifax ISA advert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris By The River

Established Member
Reaction score
For those who have seen the Halifax ISA advert (Isa, ISA baby) - Is it just me - not a traditionally stunning woman but something very, VERY moorish !!
Is it her expressions or movements?
Comments requested so that I can explain myself to stop the good lady from taking the rise each time it comes on !!!!!!
Chris

Perhaps her looks, despite not being "stunning" or conventionally attractive, are the ONLY redeeming thing in an otherwise exceptionally annoying (in true Halifax style...) advert?

I seem to remember she has quite mischievous eyes...

Reminds me of a thread on another forum where members were encouraged to confess to being attracted to unlikely people.

OH thank god it's not just me then! :oops: I think it is her eyes that do it and the way she moves to the song. (Well that's my excuse anyway) :roll:

Erhm........Don't go there :whistle: Doubt if it would make me buy their particular ISA though :-k

I feel the same about the ad where the handle comes off the coffee cup :oops:

Is that Halifax as well? I'm so busy watching the faces, I haven't a clue what they're selling :lol:

Sorry guys, but her eyes and head twitching remind me of something off One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest :lol:

You need therapy.

Cheers

Karl

That ad has me reaching for the baseball bat, you'd think they could get an actor that could actually say "ISA", as opposed to "Itha, Itha".

Stupid Halifax

This just makes me wonder why the tax-payer bailed-out bank in question is spending OUR money on so much TV advertising - although I concede this may be better than spending it on bonuses for it's top executives - at least there are people here who get some enjoyment from watching the woman in said ad :lol:

I've never felt any kind of attraction to anyone in a TV ad - they are either too made up and idealised or too much of a carefully crafted stereotype to seem real - more like perfectly created cartoon characters than any real person I've ever met.

In addition, most TV ads are very irritating and tediously repetitive in the extreme - so on the rare occasions I watch channels with ads, I use the ad breaks for the traditional trip to the kitchen to make a cuppa, trip to the loo, or in winter as a good time to put another log on the fire and re-arrange the embers! (This could change if fine woodworking tools were advertised on TV, providing of course the ads contained plenty of footage of said tools in use by real woodworkers - and no footage of supposed celebrities :lol: )

One hasn't seen the advert in question but one will look out for it. I was watching the beautiful Bethany Hughes on the History Channel discussing Roman Britain this morning. She is a wonderful presenter and makes history son interesting. History is the new rock 'n roll.

That's one of the few ads on the telly that has me instantly reaching for the mute button on the zapper. The other one with the two girls (where the handle falls off her coffee mug) is moderately entertaining by Halifax standards, which are generally appalling - Rob

gnu":34almeja said:
One hasn't seen the advert in question but one will look out for it. I was watching the beautiful Bethany Hughes on the History Channel discussing Roman Britain this morning. She is a wonderful presenter and makes history son interesting. History is the new rock 'n roll.

Now she really does float my boat so to speak. I used to watch a few history programs but now if Bethany is presenting them I make sure I do. :D

gnu":oilox0j3 said:

Shes no Julia Bradbury though ....sigh

Saw the ad last night and paid careful attention, but not really my cup of tea to be honest. Now if it was the BT adverts then thats a different matter ;)

Steve

StevieB":35dek4w4 said:
Saw the ad last night and paid careful attention, but not really my cup of tea to be honest. Now if it was the BT adverts then thats a different matter ;)

Steve

Felix - yum

Ok now thats spooky - no pun intended with halloween at the weekend but sitting hear reading the posts in this thread and her indoors is watching the annoying Paul O'grady on TV

Yes you've guessed it Paul has just made comments regarding the stupid cow who cannot pronounce ISA!!!

twilight zone do do do do!

Back