Greetings from Brittany

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiten

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have been lurking for some time in the forums, mostly about surface grinding.
I happen to have set up a pretty extensive metalworking shop where I recently welcomed a very seasoned (to say the least) Jones & Shipman 540 surface grinder.
I was happy to read the nice thread posted by deeman and thought I would bounce in as I will necessarily have questions down the road.
My background is electronics & computer science, having worked most of my career in the Broadcast industry. Retirement is still a few years ahead, but being also a keen woodworker, I am not short of hobbies.
I live in Brittany near Rennes.

Happy to join this forum!
Cheers,
-Phil

Welcome to the forum. I really enjoy metalwork as well, but lack the machinery to do what I want.
That is a very impressive grinder!!

Hi @sawtooth-9 , thanks for the welcome.
My machine shop hosts a Deckel FP3 mill with most accessories Deckel ever produced for it. I have a Devallière H140E toolroom lathe with quite a bit of tooling. I have a thing for metrology so I am pretty well equipped there as well. I have overhauled a few other machines that supplement these shop essentials. I have done an extensive overhaul of a Schaublin 102N-VM high precision toolroom lathe - you can find the full thread on the french 'usinages.com' forum, here : Restauration d'un tour Schaublin 102N-VM sur socle. Yes it is in french, but google should do an acceptable job at translating the thread. I have also revamped a Ultra Demurger A20 alternating power hacksaw (Restauration scie alternative Demurger / Ultra A20), a FOG 20T hydraulic press (Rénovation d'une presse hydraulique d'atelier Rassant/FOG PRM20). And a few other machines like a Flott SB23ST high capacity drill press, a Vilar 202 universal tool grinder, Vitax grinders/polishers (Restauration - Cure de jouvence pour tourets Vitax V1 & V2), a Guinot S324 metal bandsaw, etc.
Latest entry to the shop is the J&S540 my first post here is about.
This is all about new machines that come in to help repairing other machines :giggle: But as most of you know, having a machine shop makes you a lot of 'friends' so I happen to frequently work on parts for sportscars, bikes, etc.
I also have a decent woodworking shop set up around an SCM/Minimax C26-Genius combined machine, a Kity 613 bandsaw, and a lot of Festool portable tools.
To be complete, and as this is my background, I have a very well geared up electronics shop packed with most of what an amateur would not even dream of as I used to run my own company and bought back a load of measurement & lab gear when I closed it down.

Cheers,
-Phil

Hi @sawtooth-9 , thanks for the welcome.
My machine shop hosts a Deckel FP3 mill with most accessories Deckel ever produced for it. I have a Devallière H140E toolroom lathe with quite a bit of tooling. I have a thing for metrology so I am pretty well equipped there as well. I have overhauled a few other machines that supplement these shop essentials. I have done an extensive overhaul of a Schaublin 102N-VM high precision toolroom lathe - you can find the full thread on the french 'usinages.com' forum, here : Restauration d'un tour Schaublin 102N-VM sur socle. Yes it is in french, but google should do an acceptable job at translating the thread. I have also revamped a Ultra Demurger A20 alternating power hacksaw (Restauration scie alternative Demurger / Ultra A20), a FOG 20T hydraulic press (Rénovation d'une presse hydraulique d'atelier Rassant/FOG PRM20). And a few other machines like a Flott SB23ST high capacity drill press, a Vilar 202 universal tool grinder, Vitax grinders/polishers (Restauration - Cure de jouvence pour tourets Vitax V1 & V2), a Guinot S324 metal bandsaw, etc.
Latest entry to the shop is the J&S540 my first post here is about.
This is all about new machines that come in to help repairing other machines :giggle: But as most of you know, having a machine shop makes you a lot of 'friends' so I happen to frequently work on parts for sportscars, bikes, etc.
I also have a decent woodworking shop set up around an SCM/Minimax C26-Genius combined machine, a Kity 613 bandsaw, and a lot of Festool portable tools.
To be complete, and as this is my background, I have a very well geared up electronics shop packed with most of what an amateur would not even dream of as I used to run my own company and bought back a load of measurement & lab gear when I closed it down.

Cheers,
-Phil
I used to have a Bridgeport mill, but managed to get hold of a Schaublin 13 mill - with compound table, vertical head and high speed quill head. Took a bit to get used to after the Bridgeport, but a great machine.

Latest posts

Back