Good timber supplier in Bucks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riggly

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone know of a good timber yard /mill in bucks initially looking for oak but would like to be able to see it not just get it delivered?

needs to be kiln dried as timber would be for wardrobe doors

the national trust opperate a sawmill at ashridge estate (just over the border into herts) but i'm not sure about the drying - you will be lucky to find a timber yard with a klot of kiln dried timber stackked up where you can poddle about.

other places ive used in the past include brill saw mills (in brill unprisingly) - see here http://www.brillsawmills.co.uk/

and Mackrory & Sons who are on the nettlebed side of henley (actually oxfordshire not bucks but only just - phone 01491 642033‎

it also occurs to me that you might find something through reclaim - the only one i know of in bucks being P T Demolition Ltd Tel: 07702 212960 who i think are near wycombe (tho i could be wrong about that)

plus of course there are hospice warehouses in both ayesbury and milton keynes who sell s/h furniture - you might find a dresser, wardrobe, book shelf etc from which you could recycle some timber.

I haven't tried them yet so can't comment but came across HJS the other day. They are in Marlow Bottom. Might be worth a call?

Brian

thanks moose

i shall give them all a run around and have a look i suppose i am looking for the old timber yard my dad always seemed to go to when i was a kid however that was in essex and it is rose tinted goggles and all that eh

Back