Good black t hinges.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat ferret

Established Member
Reaction score
Making some outbuilding doors and want to use hinges for speed but I can never find strong ones locally in black, they are all cheap and nasty. Anyone got any recommendations for internet supplier? They will be on the inside of the door.

Also any reason not to use rim locks? I usually use mortice locks for exterior doors but I cant see they have any huge advantage apart from looking neater.

Conquest Ironmongery sell all sorts of black ironmongery.

http://www.blackironmongery.co.uk

Rim locks are normally used on doors too thin to mortice. They're not considered as secure as mortice locks presumably because they could be removed by drilling through the door from the outside.

Regards, Phil

Down here in sunny Devon, anywhere that sells farm gates and farming type needs will sell decent heavy duty hinges,
black japanned or Galvanised, Maybe the same where you are.
Obviously the bigger tee hinges are thicker gauge steel.
Rim locks are o k, but do not get any with alloy type metal tongue for the latch,
In no time at all, the tongue will groove where the tongue hits the catch box and it will won't shut without the handle being used, swiftly followed by the lock failure.
Get a decent lock with brass tongue etc It'll last longer.
Regards Rodders

Back