Gluing sapele worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy_7

Full time tool collector, part time woodworker
Reaction score
I've got some lovely full stave sapele worktops to install in the next few weeks. Aroubd the sink there is a small section where the worktop needs to extend deeper than the standard width. Rather than fork out a big extra chunk for an oversized piece, I figured with the sizes I need I could glue on an offcut (long grain to long grain) to make it wider - basically, a really chunky panel glue up. What glue should I use for this? I was thinking cascamite might be a better shout than Titebond 3 on account of being more waterproof and less prone to making a mess, but I read that it's not good for oily hard woods like iroko and teak - sapele presumably being similar to these. Any advice welcome.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You are right about teak and Iroko but Sapelle is not the same and will glue very well with Cascamite .

It glues very well with Titebond as well in my limited experience. I used TB3 as it leaves a darker glue line in keeping with the colour of the wood.

Thanks both, looks like I can turn to either of these and expect good results.

Latest posts

Back