Global warming innit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus

Established Member
Reaction score
This was what I found when I went down to the workshop this morning:

flood 2 (1).jpg

And this is my partner's:

flood 1 (1).jpg

It's clear from the walls that it was six inches deep at one point.

Happy Christmas Everyone :? :deer

Attachments

• flood 1 (1).jpg
    flood 1 (1).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 301
  • flood 2 (1).jpg
    flood 2 (1).jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 301
Ouch! Hope you get it cleared up quickly and without too much damage. Where abouts in the country are you?

Really sorry about that marcus. Hope no damage to tools or wip & best of luck with the clean up.

(Have heard on BBC Rad 4 that there've been lots of bad storms in UK).

AES

Thanks everyone, looks like we got away lighter than first feared. Fortunately the hire shops are still open so we managed to get a vac pump and a couple of dehumidifiers, and fortunately there was no sewage in the water, which is the worst! Mostly cleared up now, bit more then we will stop for mince pies and forget it till boxing day :)

Custard, we are in West Sussex, so not even near the worst areas! The drains in our road are rubbish though....

Marcus i'm in Brighton and not working till the new year so if anything goes poo shaped and you need some random help don't be shy :)

Dean

I empathise completely, and I hope you don't lose too much of your machinery and tools. I am fortunate in that I live 560 feet above sea-level. Although my street became a river the other day. The water was lapping at the bottom of my drive, but as I live on the 'higher' side of the street, that's as far as it ever has encroached in 40 years of living here.

I don't blame global warming. I blame the amount of building at the top of the hill, where they felled hundreds of mature trees from what was once beautiful parkland; that and negative drain cleaning, that the Council used to do every four weeks.

Thanks Dean, that's a really kind offer, much appreciated. People are rallying round, I think we'll be alright now!

Back