Glass table (WIP)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

The title is glass table but, actually, I'm just changing the top according to the last order of SWMBO (ok, I also love to do it)...

I built the table some 8 years ago while living in Japan.
It's made of Luan, 600x600mm and stained 5 years later.
The top (frame) is Oak, 30mm thick, 100mm wide and 620x620mm, I'm using the same stain and hope that it will fit somehow to the stained Laun.

Now, I'm painting the frame but, because of the weather the drying time between the layers is very long (so was the gluing and staining).

The design is that a plywood will sit inside the frame, and on top of the plywood, 6mm glass.
Between the glass and the plywood will come "something" that I cannot tell you (by order) and you shall have to wait and see the finished top.

Regards
niki

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005N.jpg

006N.jpg

007N.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

020a.jpg

020B.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Wow, Niki.

Looking good, and lots of pictures! Are you going to offer a prize for anybody that guesses what the "something" is? Can't wait for part 2.

Bob

Thank you

Bob
No prize, it's just that she is not sure how it will come out and the plan/design may change.

Gsaps
As you noticed, I'm using two shop vacs and very "sealed" machines.
Some, very small amount of dust finds its way to the floor but, at the time I change from one machine to the other (I have to "fold" the TS before using the router table and vice-versa) I'm cleaning so, I start with clean floor.

niki

Quite possibly the most organised thread/build I have ever read on the forum :shock:
Everything is so clean and well marked out that I will have to go back over all the pics to find fault :wink:

You can't beat an organised workshop and as far as organised workshops go you can't beat yours :D

Lovely write up and interesting project. Looking forward to part two.

Cheers, Ted

Back