giant African snails.... free to good home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We have babies, if anyone would like one let me know, warning they do get big, about the size of a tennis ball plus a bit.
Heres a piccy of one

100312_giant_snail.jpg

I could probably post them (my son has asked for a small donation to his pocket money fund, optional)

They are currently the size of a tiny pea

Regards Bob

That would take me 'ages'
Do you really eat snails? Or is it the garlic you like, 'cos that makes them taste better!

John :lol:

Not for me thanks John. Seafood generally I don't eat. Nothing out of a shell, but crab or Lobster. (I miss the RN for food like that. I made sure I got friendly with the local fishermen in Cornwall. Cost me a few pints, but I had plenty of great meals in Falmouth and area!) So, by the same token, I don't think I could face escargot.

SWIMBO and I went to Paris in '99, and LOML fell foul of food-poisoning after eating a French, seafood platter. It was a 'damn close run thing' and she was very ill. So, she who loved whelks and so on, never eats them now. I did warn her that Paris was a good way from the Sea! :(

Miam, Miam? is that the noise the diners make when they eat, or is it the dying wail of the escargot? :lol:

I thought a Yam-Yam was someone from Walsall or West Brom! :D

I must return to Paris and take in the Louvre'. I never got around to it last time.

Cheers

John .

Good question John...

Well I know crabs move sideways, and have eight legs? Maybe? I believe Lobsters have ten legs as well as their claws.
I know we can catch crabs, but I don't think we catch them the size of lobsters! Thank Heavens.. (different kind of crab!)
Crabs eat detritus as well as waste flesh and seaweed. Omnivores?

Lobsters are mostly carnivorous and they can eat shellfish and crabs, and occasionally each other!
Other than they both taste delicious, I don't know much more about them, unless the male gender of one or the other species nurses and carries eggs. Oh Yerse! Lobsters have tails, and I believe they swim, as opposed to just walking. I reckon they must be related to Crayfish. or maybe they ain't!

BTW... David Attenborough is my Hero!

Have I passed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards John :D

John....

You $%*/$£@! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are an expert in the art of distraction:

But I really fell for that! :mrgreen:

Nice one.
John :)

Back