garden shed concrete slab DPC or not

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt@":xtyatlds said:
Lons thanks, I'm just a lightweight I know! my excuse I'm late 50s. Another thing is I measured it all into buckets so double handled it. Had another slab down a few yrs back using contractors and it measured 20ft x 10 ft and they mixed it on the drive and barrowed down the side of the house to rear garden - young fit and motivated though....

:lol: :lol: :lol: What, you're just a youngun, I'm 68.

I wouldn't bother with buckets as shovels are accurate enough for concrete, mortar is a different matter. Now you've cut your teeth you'll be moving on to walls, extensions and maybe build your own house.
Little more satisfying than building a really nice stone garden wall.

Bob

These days I doubt if builders ever mix large amounts of concrete since it works out cheaper to get ready mix. With the introduction of volumetric mixing trucks its possible to buy just the amount needed.

The groundworkers I use for bases now seem to opt for using a concrete pump to save barrowing.

RobinBHM":2o6xjigc said:
These days I doubt if builders ever mix large amounts of concrete since it works out cheaper to get ready mix. With the introduction of volumetric mixing trucks its possible to buy just the amount needed.

The groundworkers I use for bases now seem to opt for using a concrete pump to save barrowing.

Yes I never mixed much in the last few years before I retired, any extra cost for readymix was more than recovered in time savings. We rarely put in strip founds either unless a very small project for the same reasons, just trench filled rather than using HD blocks or engineering bricks below ground.

Back