Garden Office Roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs6mra

Established Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am hoping you can provide me with some guidance. For years I have wanted to build a timber framed outbuilding and i finally embarked on this project last weekend. The structure is 14'x10' and i am now at the stage whereby I have all 4 walls erected. In the centre seats a 14' ridge at a total height of approximately 20" above the walls. I thought initially i was working to a 3/12 slope gable roof but it seems that its more like a 4/12. This is discovered when i tried to do a template.
I think i am at the point whereby I will need to determine from the structure in place how to best work out my cuts especially the birds mouth. At this stage i have no idea how to work out the cuts with the structure in situ. Am i right in thinking this can be done?

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks.

All you need is a plum line / level and a sliding bevel or
Do a google search for. setting out a pitched roof. And you will find lots of info.

Hope this helps

Hi and welcome to the forum
If you give me the measurements i will calculate it for you , I need the thickness of the ridgeboard and the height and the Width of the building in mm

Steve1066":2r1bprc7 said:
All you need is a plum line / level and a sliding bevel or
Do a google search for. setting out a pitched roof. And you will find lots of info.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much for your reply. Is there any chance of you pointing me in the right direction? maybe a youtube video? I have done a search based on the key words you mentioned but i cannot seem to find an appropriate video.

Cheers.

buffalobill":1x85onb9 said:
Hi and welcome to the forum
If you give me the measurements i will calculate it for you , I need the thickness of the ridgeboard and the height and the Width of the building in mm

Thanks for your reply. the ridgeboard is 45mm thick, with the height being 2500mm and the width 3048mm.

Cheers.

Back