Galooting ain't easy :(

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.thewoodbutcher.eu/page4.html

Well I am going to try and make this cabinet without any power tools.
Which means lots of hand sawing planing then I would normally do. :oops:
But it means I can use the living room to work in, thereby staying nice and warm.
Another advantadge will be as I cut the off cuts, I can throw them straight into the wood burning stove :D, thus keeping me warm even more so.

On the same page is a SU drawing of the cabinet I intend to make, for those interested I have estimated the time to make this cabinet as 45 hours.
The finish is a Limed oak using OSMO floor lacquer.

That's all for now - need to lie down after all the prep work :? :oops:

houtslager.

I have just looked at your link, and there is a lot of text over text. Why is this?

Usually when I come across a site with text over text I leave immediately.

1. It dose my eyes in.
2. Why should I use my time getting a headache when the site owner doesn't care about there site.

Please don't take this the wrong way. It is not a dig. I know that I am not very good at explaining things and they sometimes come out wrong.

The link worked just fine for me. Not sure about the workbench in the living room though :shock:

I also have IE6.

This is what I see:-

Frontpage.jpg

:shock:

Neil, George_N, if you see everything as it should be, then I ow houtslager an apology. [-o< I didn't realise the we got different views. :oops:

Hmmmm Gary I don't know what's happening there I've checked it with
IE 6 and 7 and Firefox.

Neil - very simple its my house and I live on my own - well till the G/f visits - so stuff in the bedroom is a no no but everywhere is ok :D

garywayne":1o6lniw5 said:
I also have IE6.

This is what I see:-

Frontpage.jpg

:shock:
Gary, hold down the <Ctrl> key and wind your mouse wheel (gently) away from you - that should cure the problem.

If you don't have a wheel mouse, hold down <Ctrl> and hit the minus or small dash key until OK (the + or = key puts it back to where it was).

Ray.

houtslager,

Looks like a nice project, what plane are you using to scrub the wood down? I'm planning on Galooting some Iroko soon and had in mind a #4 set very coarse.

SeanG

garywayne,

The text-over-text thing you're seeing is because you're using larger fonts. If you turn the text size down then it doesn't overlap anymore.

Fecn

Argee, Fecn.

Thanks, works a treat.

houtslager, again I apologise. :wink: Just goes to show that I'm a bigger . than I originally thought. :lol:

Nice site.

SeanG asked
what plane are you using to scrub the wood down? I'm planning on Galooting some Iroko soon and had in mind a #4 set very coarse.
:oops: sorry mate I cheated here and ordered the timber PAR slightly over sized, so I did NOT have to make mountains of shavings.
I ased a number 51/2 with SS then where I expect to have roque grain my scraper plane.

hope this helps

HS nursing a broken tooth and not wanting to visit the dentist :?

Back