From SketchUp to Final Item.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after so long I have finally finished the multi media bookcase, and fortunately the client was thrilled with it, if peeved that it took so long to do. :?
here is the sketch that got the commission, after after 4 months I managed to remember :oops: to bring the plinth with me and fit it.

wimsboekenkastmk3.jpg

After been told about these little lights, I passed it on to the client, who after looking at them - said good idea lets fit them in too :roll: luckily they only took 5 minutes each.
http://www.decoratieveverlichting.nl/DetailPlaatje.aspx?ArtikelNummer=LMS312L12VW

Final fitting of the plinth and some touch up on the paint work - here it is

ta daaaaaaa

MVC-014S.jpg

Made from three layers of 12mm MDF, [hollow] with American Cherry used to lip all front edges, and the door. Took long enough to saw
[ Festool TS75 :tool: ] wish I had my proper CI machines online
:roll: but cannot have it all just yet.

Nice work there.
Hard to see the details as the picture is rather small but it certainly looks good.

Hi Houtslager,

It looks pretty good! , key thing is the client is satisfied.

Do you have additional photos and how about some sizes info. So we can all get a feel for proportions used.

I'm not sure what you mean 3 layers of MDF. Can you please explain?

My guess is that you sandwiched a top and bottom MDF sheet to a MDF frame. This makes a shelf of side. Is that correct?

I also like the down lights. How do you disguise the cable on top, or is it lying on top and fed to theback edge. (Assuming, of course, the top shelf is higher than 1.8m so it cannot be seen by most) Is that correct?

well the construction is based on a sandwich - see below.
the cables were installed from the back and pulled through the panel.
All panels - shelving and Verticals were made the same way, only the V's had a few more "filler" strips - to take the cookies of the shelving.

mmboocaseconstruction.jpg

Ok so I'm a plonker! Looking at the photo again, the lights are in the roof not embedded into the top shelf as I assumed!

:oops:

Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Back