FOX heavy duty lathe for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon T

Established Member
Reaction score
Fox 46-718, 42inch Supalathe 16inch swing over bed,
42 inch between centres
Cast iron construction, very heavy with integral brackets to add shelf below bed bars
one and a half horsepower, speed range10-1300 and 10-3400
2morse taper headstock and tail
spindle size M33-3.5
forwards and reverse rotation
electronic speed control dial with led display
Headstock can be moved thelength of the bed and swivels as required
Comes with faceplate, four prong drive, 14 inch toolrest ,bowl turning extention rest,etc
Less than two years old,
I would like 695 pounds or make me an offer, i really need the room in my single garage hobby workshop

At last I managed to borrow a digital camera here's a picture

foxlatheG.jpg

GT

Hello Gordon,
As promised I would contact you after my visit to the Alexandra Palace wood show which I visited mainly to see the Fox range of lathes, and also the other makes.
What a dissapointment after travelling 170 miles each way, (from North Shropshire) the only lathes displaid were Record which I already have,and could have walked round the whole show in under half an hour, majority of stalls were as you would expect to see on a Sunday market.

I spoke to DA Tools as they sold Sheppach machinery, but they only had the mini lathe on display, I ask why and they said they don't really go in for lathes and classed most Far East products as rubbish, I pointed out that Record were mainly made there and they were the agents selling them at the show, he explained that all the tooling was shipped over from the UK and are made to the high standards of the UK.

Sorry to be going on a bit but I,m none the wiser about Fox as before the show, and I am still interested in upgrading. Do you know where spares can be obtained for Fox and whether the electronics are reliable and if any back up is available in the case of a future failure.

Sorry to be such a pain Gordon, but could you tell me what is your bottom line is on your lathe as I don't want to waste your time any more, and I may have to be content with the new electronic update from Record
but did not really want to do that as they only offer the 1/2 HP kit for my lathe.
Many thanks and kind regards.
Dave H

Hello again,

Fox tools are sold by a firm called Hamilton, somewhere near Ipswich.
email [email protected] tel 0870 7771425. I have their 007 catalogue, but believe they have just moved to new premises.
They still sell thelathes so assume parts will not be a problem. The electrics are by Delta of France, not a far eastern company as far as I can tell.
I have the lathe currently for sale for 695 and would like offers as near to that as possible. (A new one would be considerably more than that. in the old catalogue it is around 1400 new.)

GT

Dave Huxley":31196w7o said:
Hello Gordon,
As promised I would contact you after my visit to the Alexandra Palace wood show which I visited mainly to see the Fox range of lathes, and also the other makes.
What a dissapointment after travelling 170 miles each way, (from North Shropshire) the only lathes displaid were Record ...

Dave

There were other lathes there apart from Record. Vicmarc had it's own stand next to me. I had a Magma, Les Thorne had a Oneway, Dave Reeks had a Poolewood, Gary Rance had a Nova. I can't remember what lathes the clubs were using. I realise it's too late now but I'm sure if you had asked any or all of us we'd have been only to glad to give our opinions. I'm pretty sure Dave Reeks is quite knowledgeable about the Fox lathes.

Latest posts

Back