Forest of Bere turners open day(s)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia28

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just got back from a quick visit to the Forest of Bere turners open day in Havant, Hampshire. Well worth a look with some really good demonstrators. Today the had Stuart King making flowers and tomorrow is Nick Agar who does things with chain saws and angle grinders. Seemed a very friendly bunch with some top quality and unusual work on display. Just thought I'd give them a plug here if anyone in the area is looking for something to do on a wet Sunday.

Andy

:idea: Good idea Andy, we could do with a few more plugs and support for the smaller local clubs and events

I agree. It'd be good to know what is happening on a more local level. Some of us are turning in a sort of vacuum with no clubs and miles to the nearest known event. How about having a specific thread for this sort of thing?

Pete

I didn't know about this until Thursday when I picked up a flyer at WL Wests. I chatted with one of the organisers, who'd not heard of this site, and said I'd give it a plug when I got home. It must be quite difficult for the smaller clubs to advertise more widely. Interestingly, they weren't looking for new members as they already had a waiting list but they also had a junior club that met monthly on Saturday mornings. The juniors did some immaginative work and also tried other skills like pyrography, inlace, etc. and talked with enthusiasm about what they did. Their web site is:

http://www.forestofberewoodturners.org.uk/

Andy

Back