Force Windows 7 to load the driver of my choice?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Established Member
Reaction score
I've made myself an Action Replay device (essentially an XBOX memory card with a USB lead solder to the circuit board to enable me to connect it to my PC to get the files needed for turning my XBOX in to a media centre).

Now, I need to get it recognised on my PC as an Action Relay device so I can use the Action Replay software to move the necessary files from the Code Junkie website on to the card.

Plugged it in and Windows got busy installing a driver (as it does...). Now, when I try to "Update Driver" via the Device Manager and choose the driver manually, Windows decides it knows best and simply ends the process saying that Windows has determined that the device already has the best driver. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyone come across this and know how to get Windows to back off?

Cheers

Argee":123awrme said:
Have you tried turning off UAC?

Ray

I haven't but then this does not seem like a typical manifestation of UAC. It's not displaying the usual popups when it gets wary about users doing stuff. It simply permits the process before telling me Windows knows better :D

Latest posts

Back