For the computer literate...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad was given a laptop purchased in the U.S. , can't remember the make but he kept it for a couple of years and had no problems.
Two years is a long time for him, he changes computers regularly because, " technology moves so fast, we must keep up".
He's 80 :)

kafkaian":2894eyd0 said:
Wouldn't pay for the Windlows licence! Wouldn't buy a laptop from abroad without an international warranty.
Kafkaian sounds like you might not be a Gates fan -cant blame you really :roll:
I really do agree about buying from abroad without intl. warranty - is it worth the risk?

Cheers :D
Tony

TonyW":3e0bo50c said:
kafkaian":3e0bo50c said:
Wouldn't pay for the Windlows licence! Wouldn't buy a laptop from abroad without an international warranty.
Kafkaian sounds like you might not be a Gates fan -cant blame you really :roll:
I really do agree about buying from abroad without intl. warranty - is it worth the risk?

Cheers :D
Tony

Well, I've been involved with Unix for many years so Linux flavoured boxes are always my deal, and up until recently, I would have agreed that the general user would be suited to Mac and/or (ahem) Windblows. However, with the advent of Ubuntu and other great live eval CD's and systems, Linux can at least be tried now by the novice.

Update,

It's an IBM and come with an international warranty.

Will also give you the full software disks for vista premium (I thinks thats what its called) and the newest office pro.

I think I might get one myself at that price...

Marky

How about this?

woodcomp1.jpg

Back