For Sale - Elu 1751 A1 Radial Arm Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferdinand

Established Member
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, I'm clearing out woodworking and other related items from my dad's house.

Item 1 - Elu 1751 A1 Radial Arm Saw

The saw is from around mid-1990s. One of the photos shows a "1995" which I think is the date.

I've done enough digging on this to identify that this is the single-phase version, but I'm not sure whether this is a "pro" range one or the lighter duty versions. It has its original table.

It was used mainly for refurbishment of dismantled doors of wooden kitchen units (one of his sidelines), and whatever else needed doing. Use has been light, and I think that the saw-blade has only been worn out and replaced once.

We are based in the Midlands near Mansfield/Alfreton. It is quite close to the door on the ground floor. It is in situ, so any potential buyers are welcome to play with it for half an hour to make sure that you are happy.

I'd welcome any comments as to rough value or offers.

Here are a few photos. I can photograph any other views that are needed.

BILD0032-500.jpg

BILD0035-500.jpg

BILD0036-500.jpg

BILD0033-500.jpg

Rgds

Ferdinand

Thanks Gary, that was a lonk I hadn't found :)

The ebay link was one with a reserve of £300 which sold for £370.

I'm not beating about the bush, so I'll accept the best offer over £250 received by midnight on Saturday evening, and then I'll put it on ebay on Sunday.

Remember - Mansfield area and collection only, but you can test it in suti.

Rgds

Ferdinand

ferdinand":35b52685 said:

I'm not beating about the bush, so I'll accept the best offer over £250 received by midnight on Saturday evening, and then I'll put it on ebay on Sunday.

Rgds

Ferdinand

I have a question that I can't answer:

"Hello,
can the saw be rotated by 90 degrees under the arm to allow ripping of longer lengths of wood?"

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ferdinand

ferdinand":m9tptlts said:
ferdinand":m9tptlts said:

Rgds

Ferdinand

I have a question that I can't answer:

"Hello,
can the saw be rotated by 90 degrees under the arm to allow ripping of longer lengths of wood?"

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ferdinand

Yes it can with that model.

I am pretty sure the answer is "Yes it can be rotated to rip" (see the little blue square thing in photo 3 - release mechanism) , but I think most people who have one of these or the DW1251 etc wouldn't do it as it is not really deemed as safe or that accurate......

Thanks for that guys.

Looking in detail, there are a couple of cross-cuts in the table too.

Ferdinand

ferdinand":2ft32btm said:

Would love to buy one - just have nowhere to store one, until the workshop is built.

Having trouble finding somewhere for the new Electro Beckum bandsaw I've just bought.

Out of curiosity - do these things have induction motors (quiet) or universal ones (loud)?

Hi
I got mine about a couple of months ago and think it's great . It's a bit quirky in that it needs a few adjustmens for each change of cut , ie rip / cross/ angle . but am used to ensuring that all clamps are secured and it works a treat . If your refer back a ten pages or so you will get the advice got that worked for me .
Ripping is not advised by some but with a solid fixed fence and the saw trued up its no problem . Iv'e run quite bit of 2" oak with a £30 freud 250 blade .
The table , I did'nt get one , had me puzzled but there's options on that too . Runs with a whisper , especialy with new sillent type blade which at a 14''max crosscut on the ras is good .
Extraction is not too good but I have a jury rigged hose set up that , well , is not too bad . As price s/h ...........well I won't go in to that on here now but I was lucky . Cheers !

The stand dismantles fully into component parts. Best to leave the head & column in one piece.

I got mine in a Peugeot estate (405) and other big stuff with ease.

Bob

Cheers for that Bob - suspect it would go into the back of an A4 estate with no difficulty. Just have to think of where to store it till the workshop is finished? Assuming bidding doesn't go mental.

Dibs-h":2cw8f1pb said:
Do these things dismantle? i.e. fit in the back of an Audi estate?

yes Dibs,no problem , have a set of spanners and a shifter , the frame can come away from the stock and arm and the leg stand , I had to dismantle but it's just regular nuts n bolts . Any hatchback should handle it but my old coal burner Rover saloon (good for 3 mtre battens) but little headroom in the boot . Cheers !

Back