For Sale: Apple MacBook

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to offer it to the members before I put it on the bay.

I've recently replaced my MacBook with an iMac so it's redundant and requires a new home.

The specs:

- Dual Core Duo 2.0ghz processors
- 768MB Ram
- 40 Gig Hardrive
- Built in bluetooth and wireless networking
- Built in iSight webcam
- Dual Boot into Windows
- Remote control for the 'Front Row' Software
- Charger and mains cable
- Sleek Red zip cover
- Glossy 13" screen - great for watching DVD's!
- SuperDrive (Read and Write CDs & DVD's)
- USB & Firewire ports
- DVD Playback software
- iLife range of software (iCal, iChat, iPhoto, GarageBand, iWeb etc..)
- Pages and Keynote
- Adobe Photoshop
- loads of other programmes pre-installed.

The MacBook itself is bright white, very few scratches. And is just over a year old. There are no stuck pixels and everything works as it should out of the box (the original box and discs are also supplied).

There is one minor issue, there is some very light staining on the keyboard - it's a known issue where the polymers in the plastic react to skin oils resulting in a very very pale pinkish mark. This can be fixed by the 'guru's' at an apple shop, but its so minor I never worried about it.

I'm looking for £420 for this machine (Was £800 new when I bought it).

Any questions, feel free to ask.

BB..do you know any sites that compare the relative speed of Macs..new and old? I lost my bookmarks and can't locate the URL. I;m interested but would like to know how it compares to my G4.

Many thanks

Roger

I have no comparison website URLS i'm afraid roger, but it's an entirely different beast to a G4.

As you no doubt know, the new core-duo is 'dual core' processors so it's comparable to the Dual G5 PowerMacs - although these newer one's are even faster. But the best thing about the newer ones compared to the older ones (I also owned a G4 ibook) is the screen, it's a huge improvement, a lot brighter, wide-screen format, and a glossy finish which improves color rendition and contrast.

I'll have a dig around the net and see if i can find some benchmarks figures for you.

Here's one I quickly found:
http://macspeedzone.com/html/hardware/m ... _21a.shtml

Shows some beefy improvements. I'll try and find some others, in the meantime, if you have any questions i'll be glad to help.

Wow, I hope you didn't buy an iMac in the last week or so, there should be shiny new updated iMacs coming out tomorrow. appleinsider

Apple have allowed free upgrades in the past if you still have the box and everything else from an upgraded product bought with 14 days of an announcement though.

That's a relief, I'd have gone mental if that was me! Good luck with the MacBook :)

Latest posts

Back