Flunky Monkey puzzle bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnErY

Established Member
Reaction score
Not as good or as daring as Vic Perrins Post But Ill Admit I struggled With This and it started Off Huge But Ended Up As A small bowl owing To The hassle With The Stock my Advice Don't attempt it as a beginner its tough wood but the knots keep flying out like scud missiles and are a real challenge my hand was recovering after surgery now I got it strapped up again After another trip to A+E I think I damaged it doing this bowl but ill not give in another lesson learnt Bowl Is 11 1/2 ins x 3 1/2 deep finished in teak oil bit disappointed with the results because the teak oil made the grain go dark there was a lot of colouring in it and its disappeared
Regards
Bill

Attachments

• DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 980
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 980
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 978
The end result is what matters Bill & that looks a nicely turned bowl & the grain aint bad either.
Good to see you back at the lathe,but, take it steady you're not as young as you once was !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:deer :deer :deer :deer << sorry, couldn't find a sheep, I knows you likes your sheep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great improvement Bill good shape and finish your tool work has improved as well still a way to go yet but your getting there well done mate

Back