Flooring prob

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaycraft

Reaction score
Hi all

I have laminate flooring through my dining room and conservatory which looks great, except that where the conservatory joined the house, there was a gap which was laminated over.
This has now meant that the boards open up when you walk over them.

Any suggestions how to prevent this without taking all the laminate up?

Thanks

Jaycraft":762t3fk2 said:
Hi all

I have laminate flooring through my dining room and conservatory which looks great, except that where the conservatory joined the house, there was a gap which was laminated over.

Thanks
A picture would be helpful in a diagnosis :wink:

What is the gap between? Is it underneath the laminate?

Without knowing further details, one possibility would be to inject expanding foam into the gap. You might be able to do it from the sides by removing skirtings perhaps.

You would need to be sure however that you don't compromise the dpc or form a bridge that damp could cross.

Bob

Lons":12pdxwe8 said:
Without knowing further details, one possibility would be to inject expanding foam into the gap. You might be able to do it from the sides by removing skirtings perhaps.

You would need to be sure however that you don't compromise the dpc or form a bridge that damp could cross.

Bob

Expanding foam forms a damp barrier itself Lons, however if you're not careful if there's movement in the flooring it could expand too much and lift it causing a hump.

Lons":26ncsj8k said:

Bob

Thanks bob, I was thinking about the expanding foam as an option.

Jay

Grayorm":3kl6fd2e said:
Jaycraft":3kl6fd2e said:
Hi all

Thanks

The tongue and groove ahve split and so the boards are independant of one another due to there being a bridge under the floor.

Jaycraft":27wnllu0 said:
Grayorm":27wnllu0 said:
Jaycraft":27wnllu0 said:
Hi all

Thanks

The tongue and groove ahve split and so the boards are independant of one another due to there being a bridge under the floor.

If the joint has broken can you take the two boards out, rectify the hollow underneath then put them back with a door jointing strip?

Hi Jay, how big is the gap and which way are the boards running? any pics?

Latest posts

Back