flattening chisel backs with lapping film

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the wire edge invariably ends up embedded in my finger somewhere. #-o I also find that if it is left on the stone it will often put a nasty scratch in my polished surfaces if I'm not careful.

Mister S":2fabrsfz said:
Gary

Sorry if I caused offence, I only quoted you because of the reference to stropping. It was others I was actually thinking of who seem to ride their favourite hobby horse at the drop of a hat and get upset with others.

It's just that there is a lot of good advice and information given out about sharpening, by pretty much all the posters, including your good self (and I have to say the hobby horse riders too), but it seems to get a bit lost in the arguments between some posters.

Steve

No offence taken Steve. I'd actually agreed with what you'd said and realised it was time to move onto another topic. :)

------------

I sincerely wish the petty bickering between a select few posters could stop. Agreeing to disagree is far simpler than rising to the occasion and perpetually goading one another. Nobody can ever win and the only losers tend to be the participants in such situations.

Fromey":379cyzlp said:
I find the wire edge invariably ends up embedded in my finger somewhere. #-o I also find that if it is left on the stone it will often put a nasty scratch in my polished surfaces if I'm not careful.

I typically swipe traces of wire edge from the surface of stones by dabbing it away with some paper tissue.

Back