Flame maple timber for sale (Sold)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironballs

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a piece of flame maple for sale, it's a big piece 45x210x1700mm, though the width is an average as it's waney edged. Now for the big sell... this is essentially a large offcut (to me!) and is from the same boards that I did a TV stand in and am now doing a DVD tower.

There are some lovely flames in there but there's also a lot of branch inclusions and for me it's not really a piece I can use. I reckon it would make a great feature waney mantelpiece/shelf or you could chop it into lots of little bits :D

Will take a fair offer as I don't think it has a very high value and you'd have to collect as it's a big mother. Some pics below

DSCN3079.jpg

DSCN3080.jpg

DSCN3081.jpg

DSCN3082.jpg

Thats pretty much the sort of piece I was looking for to make the top of a CD cabinet. I don't particularly want waney edge but it is a substantial piece. Huddersfield is a long way from Redditch but other than that it would be good. How much did you have in mind?

Bob

Hmmmmm.....Thinking about it, I am going to Newcastle next week and could make a detour on the way back..........

God, I'd love to have that if only I could get it here :)

If some one else has it and they need to get rid of some troublesome (roughly square) bits I'd have a go at some platters and thin bowls :)

Ah well...

Miles

miles/ Ib - i'm going to yorkshire on friday (to pick up a 10ft inflatable boat), if you want to buy it i could probably get it in the car/ truck ( I havent worked out which i am taking yet) - i might have to whack it in half tho.

I'm going to goathland , so uddersefield wouldnt be a problem.

My job used to take me to Swindon quite a lot, but currently Leeds bound most of the time these days. Could have slung it in the car otherwise.

Bob - I'll send you a PM

Isn't Goathland in the Moors BSM, that's about as far apart as you can be in God's Own and still in the same county :lol:

Ironballs":3e8sq4tc said:
Isn't Goathland in the Moors BSM, that's about as far apart as you can be in God's Own and still in the same county :lol:

well yeah - but i'll be coming back down the M1 and udders isnt very far off that.

i was tempted to go for the wood myself but swimbo has put a moritorium on buying wood until ive done something with the huge stack i already have

(shame about the 8 bits of ABW i'm picking up in newark on the way back, and the trip to yandles tommorow :lol: )

That looks like a lovely bit of wood, shame you are so far away :(

I could make something really cool out of that - I f**kin love maple

PM sent.

Moose - if it will not cause you any hassle I will take you up on your kind offer.

Many thanks

Miles

miles_hot":1x3nvo45 said:
PM sent.

Moose - if it will not cause you any hassle I will take you up on your kind offer.

Many thanks

Miles

nah prublem - if you get it i'll need I/Bs address and contact details no later than wednesday next week, and also to know whether he can do a day time pick up or if it has to be evening (in the latter case it will be thursday night on the way oop)

Ironballs":alcibats said:
I'll have to introduce you to my timber man in Cleckheaton Bill

Yes, that sounds like a plan. It's never possible to have too much timber stacked up in your hallway :D

Latest posts

Back