Fixing push pull and drop down clips to panels frame

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper

Established Member
Reaction score
Because of the confined space and position of a waste pipe from the basin I need to make the unit to go behind a back to the wall toilet pan.
I would like to know if there is an easy and accurate way to fit the drop down and push pull clips?
all I can think of is clamping to the inside and drilling and screwing from the inside, do able just about for the top panel but jolly difficult for the lower one. If I don’t get them spot on they won’t fit and there is no way to adjust the position.
Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Martin
1677686357712.jpeg

Fix two tall vertical wall battens and one along the floor.
Fix the lower horizontal timber [plinth] to these. Make the plinth over height.
Cut the large panel that goes behind the toilet so it overlaps the plinth, on the inside screwing a batten 50mm up from its bottom edge that is a little thicker than the plinth. Onto the back edge of this screw a strip of plywood across the full width.
Slide the panel down over the plinths top edge and fix a couple of retaining screws into the vertical wall battens.
Complete the top assembly as you originally planned.

Colin

Because of the confined space and position of a waste pipe from the basin I need to make the unit to go behind a back to the wall toilet pan.
I would like to know if there is an easy and accurate way to fit the drop down and push pull clips?
all I can think of is clamping to the inside and drilling and screwing from the inside, do able just about for the top panel but jolly difficult for the lower one. If I don’t get them spot on they won’t fit and there is no way to adjust the position.
Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Martin
View attachment 154324

Just search for "Keku Clips".....There are a number of variations but you should be able to find an option or two that will suit your needs.

Fix two tall vertical wall battens and one along the floor.
Fix the lower horizontal timber [plinth] to these. Make the plinth over height.
Cut the large panel that goes behind the toilet so it overlaps the plinth, on the inside screwing a batten 50mm up from its bottom edge that is a little thicker than the plinth. Onto the back edge of this screw a strip of plywood across the full width.
Slide the panel down over the plinths top edge and fix a couple of retaining screws into the vertical wall battens.
Complete the top assembly as you originally planned.

Colin
Thanks this exactly the advice I was hoping for.
Martin

anything on here is likely to work Catches & Latches | Cabinet Hardware | Screwfix
I've done very similar to what you are looking to do, except I have a door either side to storage cupboards.

I used ones like these Carlisle Brass Double Ball Cabinet Catch Antique Brass 17 x 12mm - Screwfix but not this one as it seems expensive. I had a pack of them for the same cost. They work well for my situation as I can open the doors and pull on the top panel to release it.

If you can't get to the edges to be able to pull it free you might be better with a magnetic catch as you can probably then just use a sucker on the panel to pull it free when you need to.

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of magnet catches, I think they would probably better than the ones I got.

Back