Fitting Conservatory Fan

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonm

Established Member
Reaction score
My Daughter/Son-in-law are fitting a new fan to their conservatory. Taken the old one down and there is a central bolt, see photo. New fan will not fit to this central bolt. I have not seen it yet but we did a video call. Undid the six nuts in the central part and the four screws in the perimeter (one is hidden by the wire). Central bolt was rock solid and plastic bits would not come down. Tried pulling the inner plastic disc as well as outer plastic bit. Apparently nothing moved. Outside is a finial so central bolt could go all the way through the roof.

I can think of ways around the problem but ideally would like to take the central fitting down, The central bolt is not threaded over the whole of the visible length and cutting it in place will be a pain. Does anyone know how these things fit together?

U 20B1DE54-C235-4EA5-9708-1089313E61EE.jpeg
4025D962-801E-4EA2-B715-7FF9BEE39838.jpegC631C087-2998-4491-8AE5-C6737DD26F19.jpeg

Have you tried removing the finial? There were some that just clipped on though the fitter may have used silicone, if it comes off easily you could probably remove the bolt from above though you would then have to plug and seal the hole even though the finial covers it.
It's a long time since I built any conservatories so possibly wrong but it's worth a look. Don't force the cover, if it's PVC they can get a bit brittle with sun exposure and age.

Thank you for the reply. I have not tried removing the finial yet. I will be looking at it again over the next week or so. I will post on here how I get on.

Back