First steps...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bermudabob

Reaction score
So I've got my Router (Bosch 1400 ACE) and a nice second hand Router table (Power Pro), and a nice starter set of bits (Bosch again, about 15 bits in a nice wooden box). Thanks to all the people who gave me advice in my previous post.

I've done my first bit of work, very simple sign for my daughters bedroom made from Palette wood...
20150115_222258647_iOS.jpg

I have a question, how on earth do I fit my router to the table? None of the holes seem to line up with the mounting plate... also, what sort of screws do I need for the Bosch? I'm sure these are probably stupid questions, but I've always made a habit of asking them..

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Attachments

• 20150115_222258647_iOS.jpg
    20150115_222258647_iOS.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 272
You're router is too big for the router table.
Someone will, no doubt be along and advise you as to which router is compatible with you're table or you can perhaps get a look at the small print included with the router table may be helpful.
Possibly the easiest and safest route would be to get a Power Pro router model that is recommended by themselves.
PS I've just googled the power pro router and it seems that you might be better off training a gerbil as the P.P router's are not very popular at all! Have a butcher's
Regards Rodders

Hmm.. The router physically fits below the mounting plate with space to spare, and the table is floor standing, so its hard to see how it won't fit - its just the mounting holes are in the wrong place. I think I may have to drill my own...

Drill your own holes. Remove the plastic plate on the bottom and use it as a template to drill the holes. Be careful to center the router in the opening for the bit.

bermudabob":38toavn6 said:
Hmm.. The router physically fits below the mounting plate with space to spare, and the table is floor standing, so its hard to see how it won't fit - its just the mounting holes are in the wrong place. I think I may have to drill my own...

I bought the same router table and read that my Bosch 1200 router the similar model as yours was too big and would not fit the table.
I wanted any sort of dust extraction,( I was making oak stairs) as soon as possible so took this as fact.
Then The switch broke on my old and smaller Elu router.
Please let me know if it's just drilling new holes, as you said.
Regards Rodders

blackrodd":15ezph90 said:
I bought the same router table and read that my Bosch 1200 router the similar model as yours was too big and would not fit the table.
I wanted any sort of dust extraction,( I was making oak stairs) as soon as possible so took this as fact.
Regards Rodders

I'll have a go and I'll certainly let you know, might be a few days though as I have baby related duties to take care of unfortunately...

bermudabob":30391msy said:
blackrodd":30391msy said:
Regards Rodders

I'll have a go and I'll certainly let you know, might be a few days though as I have baby related duties to take care of unfortunately...

Yes, please let me know, Thank you for that.
To be specific, I read, "any D shaped handled router will not fit", I then read that someone had spent "20 minutes with a Dremel" and ground what I imagine to be the castings etc underneath away, and fitted that very router, sounded rather dangerous to me. Regards Rodders

blackrodd":2ffpe1ky said:
Yes, please let me know, Thank you for that.
To be specific, I read, "any D shaped handled router will not fit", I then read that someone had spent "20 minutes with a Dremel" and ground what I imagine to be the castings etc underneath away, and fitted that very router, sounded rather dangerous to me. Regards Rodders

From my 5 minutes investigation last night I found the router had plenty of space to fit in the gap under the table. The main issue was that the mounting plate didn't have holes in the right place. I shall look again to be sure...

OK, I've checked the table and the space available, it fits underneath with plenty of room to spare. I've also drilled new holes in the mounting plate and countersunk them. That was a bit of a pain trying to find where was the best place to put them, but using the base plate as a template is the best way to figure it out. I drilled 8mm holes to match the ones in the router, but 8mm bolts do not quite go through the holes in the router itself (they do in the base plate), so I'm looking for 7mm ones. I might be able to get my workplace to make me some if I'm lucky...

Rob

..and the router is now attached!

I ended up using 3 6mm countersunk bolts which still have wide heads to catch on the mounting plate. Fits very nicely and I had the router spinning up in no time. I recommend removing the base plate, as it make it a lot easier to change the bit as well as giving you more range up and down.

Rob

Back