Finally, something worth watching on the TV!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Seems that Real time extra are running the Smith and Sweetman series again.

It is on Saturday 16th from 6 am with 5 shows in a row.

I really enjoyed these the first time round but couldn't record them. Nicely designed furniture and a very good show for beginners in particular. Don't remember any MDF, only hardwood, and I like the contrast between James Sweetman's preference for machinery, whilst Dennis Smith likes using hand tools.

In my opinion, one of the better woodworking shows! (high wood pricing was the only odd thing)

... and in the afternoon they have the entire 13 episodes of series 17 of New Yankke Workshop (again!) so that if you haven't been able to watch them on the weekday mornings you can now get a fix.

It'll be good to see Smith and Sweetman again - just a pity that they haven't made more series.

Misterfish

Call me strange, but,

I have quite enjoyed watching the ben huggins project again, and last wekend taped the house john rebuilt, along with the usual suspects, the salvager, the english workshop etc, etc

Makes a nice change

GT

Tony":2pp8xqzd said:
Seems that Real time extra are running the Smith and Sweetman series again.

It is on Saturday 16th from 6 am with 5 shows in a row.

I really enjoyed these the first time round but couldn't record them. Nicely designed furniture and a very good show for beginners in particular. Don't remember any MDF, only hardwood, and I like the contrast between James Sweetman's preference for machinery, whilst Dennis Smith likes using hand tools.

In my opinion, one of the better woodworking shows! (high wood pricing was the only odd thing)

Am I correct in thinking that they used £1,100 of timber in one project (althought the mists of time may have doubled the true figure)?

Hi, Noel

That was the teak garden table if I remember correctly.

Pete

lucky9cat":2yaa7f50 said:
Hi, What channel are this on. I've got NTL but I guess it's Sky :?:

Cheers, Ted

Ted, it is channel 274 on Virgin media.

I wouldn't call you strange, GT - who doesn't enjoy watching the Hannah Huggins Project? Although I think you're right, I do vaguely recall a bloke in there, might have been called Ben...

Hi Vormulac,

after considerable thought on your comments I have to reply.....................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hannah

GT

Ben huggins,its like feb 14th every 2 seconds :roll:
Like that Hannah xxx oh yes Ben xxx Great love you xxx
Now the Salvager ,hes the man grrrrrr.
Don't know if i'd like his furniture in my house tho' :lol:

Hi all

I'm also looking forward to seeing Smith & Sweetman again. I'll be working Saturday so will have to make sure there is plenty of space on the Sky+ hard disk.

The Salvager is great isn't he. Like Andycktm says though, I'm not sure I'd put his stuff in my house, but you've got to hand it to him he really comes up with some novel designs.

He said once that he was planning to run sort of workshop holidays where you could go and stay with him in France for a week and build something with him while there, but I've not heard anything about that idea for a while. Sounds like a holiday with a difference.

regards

Brian

I don't know what has happened to Discovery real time as I have just watched two episodes of NYW and it is 9pm! Normally they only put this stuff on in the early hours when no one is awake and screen fishing at peak times????? :? I have seen the NYW episodes but still watched them again anyway. :D

I taped two of Norms shows the other morning, but on watching them, was quite disappointed.......the tallboy he made was way out of my league, so complicated. I would love to see some of his earlier series, for something more simple to make, not being an expert!!

And the other question on my mind is.........hannah huggins or debbie revell, I'll give it some thought

GT

Definitely Hannah Huggins - I'm sure Debbie is a lovely lady, but I view with suspicion anyone willingly connected with John 'oooh haven't I got a lot of money' Revell. :lol:

Still guys,

After lots of thoughts, I can not decide, therefore it will have to both together!!! a solution to every problem :twisted:

GT

Latest posts

Back