Festool TSC 55 cordless plunge saw - Riving knife vs KickBackStop model?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody seems to have mentioned that the thin kerf blades along with a thin riving knife are available for the TS55. I bought one over 10 years ago and occasionally swap it in in place of the 2.2mm blades. However I do not, and would not, keep it in all the time, as I get a better cut quality with the thicker blades.

YMMV other opinions are available.

😮 That's the first I've heard of that ! I will look into it......
I was under the impression that the thinner blades were not compatible with the older model saws?
Mine is a Tenryu blade from the US, as I recall I use a spacer with it, but as I’m in England now and my tools are in Thailand I can’t take a photo for details, or check the setup. My saw is over 15 years old so is definitely an older model so your impression is not accurate, at least for the blade/riving knife I have.
I also can’t remember if the change also changes the cut line for the rubber strip on the guide rail.
I’ll be back home with our cats in a few days and if I remember I’ll post more information.

It is certainly likely that Festool will propagate the impression that you must have the latest saw, but that doesn’t mean that there way is the only way.

YMMV other opinions are available.

I didnt know that a thinner riving knife was available to fit the earlier saws that was compatible with the recent 1.8mm kerf blades....!
There are the odd occasions in my work process, where a thinner blade/ riving knife combination would be useful. 👍

PS.
My 240v saw is also about 15 years old....TS55 EBQ I believe..?

I didnt know that a thinner riving knife was available to fit the earlier saws that was compatible with the recent 1.8mm kerf blades....!
There are the odd occasions in my work process, where a thinner blade/ riving knife combination would be useful. 👍

PS.
My 240v saw is also about 15 years old....TS55 EBQ I believe..?
I have no idea if the riving knife that I have is compatible with the Festool saw blades, I also have no idea if the kerf is 1.8mm, and as I am a few thousand miles away now I can’t measure it now.

However the blade and riving I bought with it function well in the occasions I use it.

Latest posts

Back