FESTOOL FANATICS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andys wood shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sent an enquiry to FESTOOL FANATICS as seen in this months GW :?:

Filled out the enquiry on the webb site and sent it off on wednesday received back an automated answer confirming my details and my enquiry advising the quotation would be sent shortly.
received an email today saying I had not been forgotten or lost but due to technical reasons there was a problem blah blah you known the drill but could I email my telephone number and they would call be straight back personally

guess what

I'm still waiting ](*,)

Has anyone else tried

Andy

GUESS WHAT.........

Still no email or call back

So on principle I'm not going to contact them again just wait and see how long it does take :evil:

Andy

as a mate of the guys who run festo fanatics, i promised andy that i would look into this, and today 2nd i did.

festo fanatics was set up by jaycee tools to promote their sales of Festo tools, and to help that they also set up a web site, with an email facility to provide, sales advice, hints and tips.

i talked at length with andrew there today, and he told me that they have had some major problems with their email facility coming off the web site.
although the web site works ok, there seems to be some bouncing around of the emails, and from experience in other places who try to run emails directly off the site, i know that there can be major communication problems. so it has happened, andrew knows about it, and today was taking positive action with his web site manager to get the email position sorted out. i do not know how long this will take, but it is underway.

andrew said that he had hoped he had dealt with all the queries received before christmas, but occassionally something slips through the gaps, and it seems that andy was one of those. whilst on the phone to me, andrew came on the site here, and found andy's messages and then has tried to get through on his web site which he is i understand building. andrew has sent an email to andy asking that he ring directly, or send him again his phone number, and he will contact.

sorry if this seems to be a "puff", but since i do know the guys, at jaycee/festo fanatics and in my experience with them, they will try to resolve their mistakes, so i thought i would see how it could be improved.

obviously andy will have his own view, and take his own decisions, but i think it is fair to offer the details from the other side. making sensible complaints through the correct channels before broadcasting on the forum is i think the proper thing to do, but if andy is prepared to give then another chance then he will i believe get a decent deal.

i would point out that just before christmas there were many complaints in the papers about internet companies not delivering their promised goods before the day, and many of those are the biggest in the land. so it is not necessarily bad for a small company to screw up, and need a kick up the back side. andrew took it in good part, and promised to rectify, andy must decide whether he is prepared to go further and get the situation sorted.

i would say that from my experience, many bigger companies do not show the same concern as andrew has.

"no fee was taken for attempting to resolve this situation, because i know how tough it is on both sides of the counter, and we all make mistakes :lol: :lol: :twisted: "

if you do resolve this andy i would hope that you would be prepared to confirm on the forum how things were resolved.

paul :wink:

This is often a danger in getting carried away with what technology can supposedly provide. I used to design web sites, and both customers and designers are often very keen to employ the latest technology, which due to overconfidence (people often think that because web sites are powered by electricity, they are as predictable and reliable as a light switch) and deadlines such as launch dates, are set going without adequate testing.

The general rule of thumb shoud be, don't ever use technology in any customer service application until it is at least a year old and the less obvious bugs have had time to show up and be dealt with. Use the simplest applicable technology that will do the job - I mean, you wouldn't buy a Legacy to mitre a picture frame, would you?

I used to have a cartoon above my monitor, of a customer talking to a web designer.
Designer: "What do you want your web site to do?"
Customer: "I don't know. But it has to do it automatically. And cost only $10."

ah stoat a man after my own heart.

had a client who wanted to have a data base that could actually tell him what to stock so he could reduce his overheads.

the programme would have cost more than his savings, and not of worked anyway in the way he wanted.

i mean if the government can't do it with the nhs or tax computers, what hope is there for the normal person :twisted: :lol: :roll:

paul :wink:

I had one who wanted a system that automatically printed out orders that needed to be brought from the warehouse. I asked him where the warehouse terminal would be sited. 'On the other side of that wall' he said, pointing to the wall behind the counter. 'Why don't you just stick your head through the door and ask the bloke to bring it out?' I asked. I honestly believe the idea hadn't occurred to him before.

UPDATE

After engineer one's contact with Festool Fanatics I received an email from Andrew at Jaycee asking me to phone to discuss the apparent none reply to my enquiry and emails.
They were aware that there might be a problem with the enquiry facility on their webb site but didn't realize to what magnitude.
We went through my experience and uncovered a further problem that they was unaware of.
It would appear these guys had a genuine problem that might not have come to light for some time if it had not been brought to their attention through the post and the contact from engineer one and they was sincere with their apology.
They were taking immediate steps to put the service correct

I subsequently place an order with them for a Festool TS 55 Circular Saw and Guide Rail and some complimentary clamps :D

Festool Fanatics

Andy

Latest posts

Back