Ferm 10" compound mitre saw blade needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been given a Ferm 10" mitre saw by an elderly neighbour who heard i liked woodworking, its in excellent condition apart from the blade which his halfwit son tried to cut metal with :shock: and as you may guess its *******d
I don't use mitre saws much anyway but as its a freebie i'd like to stick a new blade in and use it for for making garden wooden items and also the odd picture frame so would like a blade with lots of teeth for thinish material.
Can anyone recommend a decent blade company and also the type of blade i'd need for this.
The old blade has 250 x 26 x 16z=36 written on it and the saw model is a Ferm FKZ-250 .
Cheers
Brian
ps apparently he gave a load of hand tools to his son and he sold them at a carboot for a tenner, the old guy was quite upset as they were his old work tools and weren't cheap and nasty brands and included chisels etc

Found this,--http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-CIRCULAR-MITRE-SAW-BLADE-254MM-X-16MM-BORE-X-40T-09492-/161219698477?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2589715f2d
Not a big choice out there, and I'm personally not too keen on balancing insert rings.
So it's a 10" (254mm) x 16mm borw and a mitre blade, so should be good to go and,
If you don't mind me saying, the right price blade for an older saw
Hope this helps Rodders

Latest posts

Back