Members can turn off viewing Ads!

FC guide rail square

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Jamied

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,
I'm a kitchen fitter cutting a lot of laminate splashback , panels , lots of stuff that needs to be square.
I love my festool plunge saw and rail .
Instead of marking out a measurement twice and cutting to my marks with my rail, I really fancy one of those rail square guides that turn my rail into a large t square.
Axminster do one with tso products and there are other versions. I fancy the F C version as it's made in England and looks good quality, any thoughts on this, or has anyone got one?

Richard S

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently got one of the TSO versions from Axminster, it was a bit of a leap of faith given the cost for such a relatively simple thing but I am really pleased with it, makes life so much easier and quicker. Had it for a couple of months now and the cost is largely forgotten, beautifully made and more importantly does exactly what it is supposed to, highly recommended.

Jamied

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the tip, just watched it and ordered the version for my rail, does not look as sexy, but £45 cheaper, and free postage which is a bonus from a smaller firm.
Looking out for the parcel force van now!

Reaction score
Hmm - accurate to 4 microns? .. so you get a spec of dust, or you push to hard, and now that 4 microns means nothing :p

The rest of the system (rail and saw) is nowhere near that accurate. So whats the point? ...wouldn't a version milled to the same accuracy as the rail be much cheaper and just as good? Or am I being naive?