Extension Lead With Foot Switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't see why not - it doesn't say what ampage it is so I assume 13.

Dave

As long as you're saw doesn't have an NVR switch, but even that is fixable.

Cannot see why not, although the saw switch will then always be in the 'on' position - something to perhaps bear in mind if you switch power sources regularly. I presume the foot switch also runs all 6 sockets - again something to bear in mind if you have more than one appliance plugged into it!

Steve

If you've got a scrollsaw with the normal "push-on, push-off" switch, the switch will come off when the power is turned off elsewhere: ie: your foot switch. For some reason, this leads to a build-up of carbon deposits on the saw switch contacts, and the saw won't turn on.
This happened to me some time back, but I manged to repair the saw switch, and stopped using the foot switch.
The saw has been okay since then.
But maybe I'm just unlucky....
Bruce

I have seen the sewing machine foot speed controller discussed elsewhere but I wasn't able to follow the conversation because I know practically nothing about wiggly amps. The consensus of opinion was that the foot controller had a different electrical rating to the scroll saw motor and it wasn't viable. At least, that's as I understand it :) .

I picked up a couple of the Lidl switches yesterday and it will be interesting to see how they fare. For the price, it doesn't matter if they're not a great success. However, both my scrolling and my forum activities are being impeded right now by a load of fruit and veg which has to be turned into chutney. Yummy!

:)

Gill":3j59ma86 said:
both my scrolling and my forum activities are being impeded right now by a load of fruit and veg which has to be turned into chutney. Yummy!

:)

hmmm if you need any help eating it Gill i can pm my address :lol:

Hi all , The sewing machine switch will not do as it is for a variable speed motor ,
you just need an on/off switch , the one that Gill has should be ok (i havn't seen them yet )
i have made my own with parts from Mappilns and own made parts ,it is as Gills and also works the vacuum on top and under the table ,
however , if your saw has a no volt release switch , it will need to be replaced with an on/off switch or bypassed, a simple job , and well worth the trouble . :D

Latest posts

Back