Evergreen bushes uplift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I saw an ad on Gumtree where someone is offering to come pick up evergreen shrubs/bushes from the garden, and to even pay for them and dig them out himself! Seems like a lot of work, but I was going to get rid of some anyway and this would save me the effort.

It seems odd, is this something people might do or is it some kind of elaborate scam? It's for their own new build house.

Cheers

I imagine that they are quite selective with what they want. I suppose it is an interesting idea, because mature shrubs are expensive.

That's true, if they'll go through all the effort it needs to be worth it. I've never bought shrubbery so I didn't know they were so pricy!

If you want rid anyway then give him/her a call ,but state that they take all or nothing, otherwise as said above they will just cherry pick the best . :)

Hah very true! I'm thinking I'll probably give them for free too as I would have just dumped them otherwise, and it's back breaking work when they're established. I'll need to make sure this person knows what they're in for too so they're not at it for 10 hours 😁

If you want rid anyway then give him/her a call ,but state that they take all or nothing, otherwise as said above they will just cherry pick the best . :)

Even if they cherry pick it saves getting rid and some effort. Whether you charge him or not is up to you, it seems a nice arrangement where both parties benefit without payment.

Cutting down stuff, and even digging out shrubs is less effort (in my opinion) than getting rid of the rubbish at the end. If you get a skip in it will cost, if you take it to the tip it is multiple loads.

The local folk of a peripatetic persuasion will do this for you while you're out with no money changing hands...:(

Digging out mature shrubs is a blinking nightmare! If someone is willing to do it - crack on, I'd say

Latest posts

Back