European Parliament Scandal !!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Truciolara

Established Member
Reaction score
European Parliament Scandal!

Every year the European Parliament moves to Luxembourg in France for one week, just because the French wanted that. It’ is not much of a problem till you know that the move of the Parliament members, collaborators, secretaries, and office papers costs the community about 200 millions Euro every time. This is paid for 99% by all of us.
Some parliament members would like to change that and to put a proposal on the Commission agenda. To do so they require 1.000.000 signatures, and the counter is already at 650.000.
If you are like me and find that this move is a scandal, I warmly ask you to go and sign at the following address.
http://www.oneseat.eu/

Excuse me for my bad English, but on the web site there is some explanation in your beautiful language

La Truciolara":3i5ye7ya said:
Every year the European Parliament moves to Luxembourg in France for one week, just because the French wanted that.
The move is one week a month to Strasbourg in France (for French prestige, no doubt) and it used to oscillate between all three places (Brussels - Strasbourg - Luxemburg) until a number of years back..... Only the Secretariat sits in Luxembourg these days up on the hill overlopoking the city (and surely thay should be in Brussels, too). But I do so agree that the parliament moving around this way is ridiculous and costly and I support the moves to stop it so doing.

Scrit

La Truciolara,

Can I just get you to look over the forum rules. I know this seems a fairly innocent post, but we do try to steer away from politics on this forum.

Thanks,

Adam

(3.) No political discussion
Over the years there has been one subject in particular that has caused a few heated debates on the forums and that is politics. For that reason political discussion or political comments in a thread are not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back