Euro Wood Show - is it woorth going?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shay Vings

Established Member
Reaction score
I am only about 1 hr away and went last year and found it worthwhile. However, the exhibitor/demo/trade stand lists look a bit thinner this year.

Any views from your visit today?

Shay Vings":22ia2ud4 said:
I am only about 1 hr away and went last year and found it worthwhile. However, the exhibitor/demo/trade stand lists look a bit thinner this year.

Any views from your visit today?

I haven't heard of it, but have just googled it and it looks great, I will certainly pencil it in for next year and hopefully get B&B locally so the wife and I can go both days. I am interested also in people's opinion of what it was like.
regards

I went this morning, it was good, but as with most shows these days there was not a lot there to keep me interested for long, I stayed about 1 1/2 hours.

To be fair another member of our club went and has just rung me after spending the full day there and said there wasnt enough time for him to do everything he wanted.

john

I went today... it was pretty much like other years, but I enjoy it none the less.

I like to watch the demo's and the new different tools available are always good to look at.

Just got back :shock: :shock:

Excellent, if quite a long day, great to meet up with old friends & a few new ones.

Some great demos, David Savage`s hammer veneering with hide glue was very interesting, as was watching the wood turners & carvers.
There was a demo of putting a steel band round a cart wheel amongst the varied & interesting things to watch, plus I finally got to meet up with Andy Coates. :D

I can highly recommend the St Peter`s brewery tent though they are quite a few party 8 cans down for tomorrow :lol:

A few photos of today, in no order or preference, just when I thought to get my phone out :roll:

001_zpsf332a0a3.jpg

002_zpsfe248331.jpg

003_zpsee14fbbf.jpg

004_zps1c10a383.jpg

005_zpsf148cdf6.jpg

006_zps0ee3c755.jpg

007_zps760586e5.jpg

Part of my haul for the day.

009_zps329af545.jpg

No doubt Paul Chapman & Jonny D have terrible photos of me :? but those are all the photos I remembered to take, sorry no photos in the turning barn as I was too busy talking :oops: :lol:

Cheers

Love those wood carvings, especially the woodspiruts and the apple !

Don't you have to finish the kegs of beer same day once opened Doug ?!!!

Cheers, Paul

I am going to this today. Have been before probably last coupel of years, its usually not too bad. However it looks like rain today, so have to see how that goes. Beofre it has always been sunny when i've gone, think this is the first year I am goign when it is potentially goign to rain.

Back