ELU MOF parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyman

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right location, but here goes.

Slight accident with one of my Mof177E routers. It did not like being dropped off the bench on to the concrete workshop floor. Boy, did it bounce!!!

The hollow plastic handles I can repair easily with new wooden copies but the alloy lever of the height adjuster snapped. I could make a new alloy item or weld up the old one but that is hassle.

A trawl of all my local repair shops has drawn a blank on obtaining a spare, especially as this is a Series 1 item, without the autolock. The Dewalt items are nothing like the old Elus.

Anybody got a solution, other than buying yet another router!? I have had this machine twenty years and it has been well cared for, albeit well used. Does anybody have an old burnt-out unit that I could take this lever off?

Handyman

Have a look at the trend and CMT ones, they use the same body. If all else fails I may have a non variable speed one that I can take it off.

EDIT this is a good source for elu parts

Jason

Hi Jason, thanks for the reply.
I have a similar on line parts list and lo & behold, the part I need is one of the few NLA. The lever seems to be specific to this model of 177E as both the non-electronic and the later units with auto-lock are completely different.

My lever, listed in the diagram on the first 177E is number 35. Check the price list and it does not exist. The lever comes with a small shaft with a threaded end to take the lock.

I have two of the later 177Es with autolock and they do not feel or finish as good as this one, hence my resolve to get this old machine running again.

If you are willing to take the part from a redundant machine, I will be most grateful. EM offline and I will send you my details.

Handyman

Isnt it the same part as the DW625 ? Ill have a look in the morning for you .

Back