Earth shatterring??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonzjob":385vqa4d said:
I didn't finish the article. I just didn't have the stomach for or indeed see the point of the drivel and idiotic way of writing it!

Sums up my reasons for never reading the Grauniad in the first place, it makes me seethe as much as the Daily Mail does.

RossJarvis":29nm2l6y said:
Jonzjob":29nm2l6y said:
I didn't finish the article. I just didn't have the stomach for or indeed see the point of the drivel and idiotic way of writing it!

Sums up my reasons for never reading the Grauniad in the first place, it makes me seethe as much as the Daily Mail does.
Private Eye reader, by any chance?

Jonzjob":u6l2s7au said:
UGH, it just goes to show that you can't trust the Dailie Tegliraf? It's on their front page

I think you may have misread, or misunderstood. The story is not that the chocolate was changed (old news) but that new trade research says the change has cost Cadbury around £6m in lost sales (new news).

Or it could be an Americanised recipe that is offputting. I was a program on TV a little while ago where they did taste tests on cocolate in the UK and USA. Believe it or not, an American upbringing leaves you actually prefering chocolate with a vomit taint.

Jonzjob":12ar3z6m said:
I think that the moron who wrote this should go back to junior school where he/she belongs

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... ate-change

Whilst we should all take what we read from any journalist with a degree of scepticism, I think this may, just may have been written with the tongue firmly in the cheek.

I really loathe some American chocolate recipies. I used to like Hershey's with peanuts, but we bought some a few years ago in their shop on Times Square. By the time we opened it at home here it had actually gone off*, and was probably unsafe to eat, never mind smelling quite revolting. Never again.

Now I manage to go visit for a week or two without excessive weight gain. That's in part down to avoiding much fast food, too.

* I don't mean a slight white bloom, either. It was rancid.

Back