DVLA con artists BE AWARE !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
My brother got fined the other day for not SORNING a car.

Rang up to protest as he had done it at post office.

First person was having none of it and kept advising, that it would be wise of him to pay the fine.

Passed to another who kept asking "catch you out" questions even though they were told it was (edit) sorned.

"Well I have the receipt from the post office"

All of a sudden it was found that it had been (edit) sorned after all.

He asked at the post office while in there again and they said DVLA have to endorse sorn issues before postie can print receipt.

Someone is trying to pull a fast one :twisted: :twisted:

Watch out :wink:

Andy

artie":1abkn228 said:
You don't have to pay to SORN do you.?

no but you still get a receipt
dvla are pineapples they cost me over £2k ona car sale because they lost my log book then tried to deny it and tried to make me pay for a new 1!. by the time i got the logbook back my buyer had vanished

I really don't believe this was a deliberate attempt to con anyone. More like incompetance or carelessness. The lesson here is keep the slip you get when you SORN the vehicle.

I am afraid the DVLA are all a bunch of incompetents! My friend sent his licence off to change it back to a British one after moving back from France. (he had held a British licence for around 30 years) when the new licence returned they had missed off his motorcycle entitlement and his HGV entitlement! When he complained about this they told him there was no record of him having these! No matter what he stated they would not change the licence and he had to re take his motorcycle test! he couldn't afford to re take his HGV so has lost this. We were told of a police motorcyclist who also had to take his motorcycle test again as it had been missed off his licence! They are a law unto themselves. :roll: I now always make sure I make copies of everything I send to them to be on the safe side.

Back