Dust collector help.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefley

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I received a dust collection unit and. Need advice installing it I have two heights of ceilings in shop an 8 ft high and a 10 ft high. It says install no lower than 7 ft. I quess so yo don’t whack your head is it more efficient higher or lower?

Attachments

• CFDB6BE8-869E-49A3-B352-3264D8F70A4E.jpeg
    CFDB6BE8-869E-49A3-B352-3264D8F70A4E.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Mine sits on the joists at 8ft instead of hanging from chains ,seems to work just fine at that height , put a bit of velcro on the remote and place in a handy location and get into the habit of keeping it there, i mislaid mine for several weeks and it was a pain in the bum to operate without the remote :)

Mine sits on the joists at 8ft instead of hanging from chains ,seems to work just fine at that height , put a bit of velcro on the remote and place in a handy location and get into the habit of keeping it there, i mislaid mine for several weeks and it was a pain in the bum to operate without the remote :)
I’ve already misplaced mine and I have not even ever turned it on:mad:

Suspend it in the 10' section using a couple lengths of climbers accessory cord (go outdoors, decathlon, or a proper supplier). That's very strong and if you use a pulleys or a couple of vine eye fittings you'll be able to lower it easily for weekly cleaning.

Back