Dust collector for disc sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for a dust collector to use with a 12 inch disc sander. I saw this:
https://www.sipuk.co.uk/sip-dust-chip-collector.html

but confusingly although it's called a "dust collector" the small print says it's not suitable for collecting dust (?).

Can anyone clarify whether this unit would be OK, or perhaps suggest something more suitable if not?

I'll only be using the sander occasionally, so capacity isn't really an issue.

Many Thanks
John

Hi,

Theres quite lot of discussion on this on the web, as I recall the spec also says it filters down to 0.5 micron, its got two filters, a paper bag and cartridge.
I've got this model and and its seems to do the job well , there is a suspicion the the not for dust statement is the importers covering their backs.
Hope tis helps .

I have one, it works extremely well on chips, dust, odd pieces of wood and loose screws, and even pens and pencils.
There is only 1 warning with this thing.....
IT IS VERY VERY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sound deadening cabinet should be your first project once you have it.

Dust can be a real pig, particularly with disc sanders. I have combined my belt/disc sander and my Spindle sander in one wheelable unit. The unit has one vac for the disc/belt unit and serves well when only the belt is used. When I use the disc as well, that vac only works partially as a lot of dust spill continues, so I add on another extractor with a 'mouth' on a pole (forget what it is called) to another vac and that takes care of the spill from the disc. The spindle sander, I just plug in the Festool extractor when in use.
Works for me ....
Sanders.jpg
Sanders R.jpg
Sanders 2 R.jpg

Attachments

• Sanders.jpg
    Sanders.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Sanders.jpg
    Sanders.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Sanders R.jpg