Drive Centres

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobh7

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all and happy Christmas
Nothing very exciting but I'm looking for 4 prong drive centre recommendations
Must be either mt1 or fit in a supernova chuck. Are the teknatool ones any good?

bobh7":23crml4r said:
Hi all and happy Christmas
Nothing very exciting but I'm looking for 4 prong drive centre recommendations
Must be either mt1 or fit in a supernova chuck. Are the teknatool ones any good?

Look at this (You'll need to scroll down to Just before the bottom of the page). The NCSC chuck spur drive for £19.

I use one and its extremely useful because it means you don't need to dismount the chuck when turning spindles. You can rough out or turn a tenon before removing the spur drive and clamping the tenon to remove the tailstock. Very fast and efficient way of working.

-Matt-":1hqgm5g7 said:
Steb Centre. And never look back :p

They come in a range of morses, I have one in MT1 anyway.

I agree
However I acquired mine from a well known turner who hated it.
Bit marmite maybe

I got a similar thing to a steb centre from penn state industries. Even with shipping it was a lot cheaper and was below the duty threshold.

Steb centres excellent , only difficult thing is deciding which diameter to have , would suggest drive centre also best matched with a Steb revolving tail centre . Pricey but well worth it.

Thanks for the replies folks
I think I'll be going for the nova chuck spur drive, the seb centre has always looks interesting but the budget just won't stretch that far. I'm sure I also read the other day that the licence was running out on the steb centre in a few months so I'll wait and see if cheaper versions come on the market after that.
Looks like there will be a trip to Yandles in the next few days then.
Edit. Did look at the Penn state ones but they only seem to list them in MT2

Back