Dovetail marking jig.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If cutting tails first, I rest the tails on my plane with the pin board in the vice. I use RC's method of a shallow rebate to help register the tail board.

Yeah, I do that too. Despite excellent ideas from BugBear and Aldel (using the Woodrat, natch :) ) Looks like a useful jig mind you, but I come up against the same old problem every time; where d'you store it? Maybe it's just me being disorganised - all my jigs get battered into uselessness simply with being knocked around in "storage". :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Chris, that is what I used to do but don't you find it difficult to hold everything still while marking. The height was also a problem for me, my poor old back doesn't like stooping over the bench.

Alf, yeah storage is a problem. I still have some space on top of the wall cupboards so that is where it will live.

John

John
I do it your way:
Dovetail%20Brackets2.jpg

I, too, prefer the height, and the fact that everything is held square - one less thing to worry about. I like your fences on the left, but what you you do if it is the RH side which needs to be aligned? Don't those fences get in the way then? Or do you just pack out the narrower one so that the LH sides alaign again?

Steve, Doh (homer), I hadn't thought of that but I suppose I would just pack against the fence as you suggest. The height is the biggest issue for me, I find it so much easier without stooping.

John

ps your jig looks much posher than mine.

Latest posts

Back