dogs dinner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I love my little Rat of a pooch. A cross between a Cavalier Kings Charles Spanial and a Border Collie. The other evening I treated my girlfriend to a lovely local rump steak from the local butcher. An absolulty beautiful steak cooked perfectly served with all thr trimmings.

A knock at the door and darling little trick or treaters called. Off went Swmbo and give the little beggers (!) sweets. I stayed put enjoying my steak. Upon coming back in Wanda asked, "where you put my staek love I havent touched it yet?"

"havent moved it " I replied

At which point this sweet little dogie came in tail wagging.... very happy she was... this lovely untouched Rump steak hanging from her lovely little chops...

I'll give her "Grrrrrr"...

mark

Mark,
Just be thankful you don't have a Labrador. Many years ago we had one & she was always doing this sort of thing. She was a walking vacuum cleaner when it came to food & even nicked the Christmas turkey one year 'tho that was just after the main meal.

i had many dogs, and I trained them not do such things. how can you do that? it's easy: train them not eat anything not beeing given expliciticly to it. place a steak on the floor in front of its nose and punish it hard if it wants to get the steak, with a stick or by pulling the ears. also you can spoil a steak with mustard or chilli, just something that is very very spicy. after doing this a few times your pet will obey you very good and will not take any food from strangers or steal food from the table or elsewhere.

theres other ways to train a dog, pulling a dogs ears or using a stick on it is terrible, what next, kick it in the n*ts. Shame on you.

senior":2cabe4ib said:
theres other ways to train a dog, pulling a dogs ears or using a stick on it is terrible, what next, kick it in the n*ts. Shame on you.

Totally agree Senior. Dissapointed with that Rocco. Totally unnecessary. Some people just shouldn't have dogs or other animals.

as someone who has seen the work firsthand of an organisation similar to Dogs for Disabled (Canine Partners for Independence) and the use of a "Clicker" I can assure ANYONE ANYWHERE(!!!) that you can teach a dog to do/not do most things very kindly. The head Trainer - Nina Bonderenko could teach dogs to do upto 70 tasks - in a manner they loved.

Rocco, I sorry but I am appalled at your methods, a dogs ears are very sensitive and the use of a stick in that manner would have me using the stick on you.
Yes Kizzy was naughty and thats MY fault ultimatly not hers.

mark

I taught my dog, a gordon setter with a clicker, the results were amazing and unbelievably quick. Once she matured, a trick or command could be learnt in minutes. Mind you, turn your back and the little ba***rd was gone.

I keep thinking about getting another workshop dog, but its a lot of hassle, isn't it? Thoughs please.

I have to agree - Use of a stick on a dog is terrible, I just can't see how anyone could do that, food, and the search for food, is the primary objective of all animals.

But one only has to read a newspaper or watch TV to see what depraved animals there are walking around on two legs. :evil:

Senior, as Mark has said, there is a lot of work and not a little worry involved in getting a dog but the unconditional love they give back is something you'll NEVER get from a human.

Just read that last sentance again carefully and think about all the people who love you, is it UNconditional love :?: :?:

well, good behavior istn't for free - and that's also what I have learned at every dog course and school I have visited in the past 40 years, and all police dogs are beeing trained that way

remember, I am talking about dogs; working dogs and not about pets

Rocco":5ovsgtbk said:
well, good behavior istn't for free - and that's also what I have learned at every dog course and school I have visited in the past 40 years, and all police dogs are beeing trained that way

remember, I am talking about dogs; working dogs and not about pets

You expect me to believe that taking a stick to a dog and yanking its ears is the way its done? Working dogs or not, thats just wrong.

If you want a deaf police dog with people problems then fair enough, but I find it very hard to believe that the way police train their dogs is by abusing them - and if it is, then the police trainers are the people who should be locked up.

EDITED Newbie_Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back