Does anyone keep a genuine Staffie Bull Terrier plse?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike.C":3qd46q1w said:
The man for your Staffies was/is Andy King from Good Woodworking magazine

Mike

Well Mike, nice of you to say so! - I'm no expert though, I had a staffie called Macduff for twelve fantastic years (called Macduff as when it was time for a walk - Lead on, Macduff! :lol: ) But as Sawdust Producer states, no good as gaurd dogs, as they will lick the intruder to death!
Mine looked the part and many were wary because of that, but anyone who knew him knew what a really soft animal he was - it is a lot how you bring them up, but apparently Staffies are very loyal and protective towards children. Certainly the case with my three, they loved him and he loved them.
Biggest problem with training them is if you have kids. I could get him to behave really easily, but the kids, my youngest daughter especially, spoiled him rotten so he would always follow her around and she would call him up onto the furniture to give him a cuddle and some of whatever she was eating at the time!
He would give me that same guilty look when I walked in the room as if to say ' i know i'm not meant to be up here, but it's not my fault, honest!
Mine was a real character - and my friends all loved him because he was so daft. Best thing would be any male friends ringing the bell and me opening the door to see them stood there with hands around their 'soft bits' as Macduff used to get so excited when he saw them he would literally run into them and headbutt them right where it hurts, and staffies tend to have big, hard heads!
We are in two minds whether to replace him even after 3 years on as he is such a hard act to follow!

cheers,
Andy

PS, in case you hadn't guessed,Macduff is my avatar!

Thanks for all the advice, stories and the pictures folks. Grand-daughter spoiled her rotten yesterday. Wouldn't give the dog a moment's peace, so we suffered later in the day. Out comes the 'shake 'n vac' today!

I haven't noticed any other 'piles' though, as I am strictly housebound until this ice goes away.

The dog's settled nicely now though. So I'll shove some sheets on the chairs and let her get on with it!

Cheers folks. Have a good one

John

Oh and Lurker... I say, I say, I say... Don't give up the day Job... :lol:

John :ho2 :ho2 :ho2

Back