Do I need to clear these trees?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishpat86

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the area that I will be building my gym shed and I'm wondering if I need to remove the trees that run along the fence before I put the concrete base down? The tape measure on the floor marks out the extent and width of the shed.

w18wp4.jpg

Mod Edit:-
w18wp4.jpg

Attachments

• w18wp4.jpg
    w18wp4.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1,370
There's a paradox here; if you clear the trees (and stumps) using hand tools, you then
won't need the gym shed.

:lol:

BugBear

Rather than go to the effort of cutting down the trees, you could build the concrete slab as a small raft by putting in some reinforcing mesh -you need 50mm of cover above and below the mesh. This is achieved by plastic chairs.

Hi,

if the trees have got some growing to do still (root stock wise doesn't matter if you limit the size above ground) then your right to be concerned about the effect they may have. This is what type2 stone is for rather than the usual type1 stone, it compacts less and will allow for more movement within the sub base (for you root growing space), if they haven't got any growing left to do or not much just type2 locally around the roots you expose, if lots type2 the lot will give a strong margin of error for your build.

Dean

Back