Divoom iTour 20 speaker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Evenin' All - Does anyone have one of these little beauties.(speaker that is)...?

3.jpg

If so, can someone spare my sanity and tell me how to charge the bl**dy thing!!! :evil:

If you take a deek at the picture, it has a mini USB port that you plug in via a lead (normal USB) into a laptop/PC to charge it. Simple solution methinks, BUT, mine hasn't got one, :shock: it's just got a jackplug socket and the cable provided is a USB with a male jackplug end, but when plumbed in, it doesn't charge :evil:

So...is this a normal way to charge using a jackplug socket, or am I being a bit numb and the bloomin' things just Christmas crackered??

Yours in hair pullingness

Mark :D

Don't know about that particular thing, but I THINK all items that charge via a USB port need a standard 5v. Maybe best to wait for an expert to answer, though, before you try connecting it to a 5V source via the jack.

Hi, Mark

Your laptop/computer doesn't have a USB port? how old is it?

Pete

Some computers dont have enough power running to their USB sockets to both transfer data an power devices. All new computers do now.

Have you got another USB port somewhere you can try or maybe a mobile phone charger with usb?

Some computers dont have enough power running to their USB sockets to both transfer data an power devices.

Since when? data and power are on different pins and the +5V is the same as the motherboard supply so the whole computer would not work if that was correct.

Pete

Pete, I've had to replace several motherboards for folks in the past when kids got their first Ipods etc. and scrapped the motherboards by overloading the USP feeds. Sometimes when a non powered USB hub was used, but I've known them go with just one charging item connected.

Racers":2wubbdy7 said:
Hi, Mark

Your laptop/computer doesn't have a USB port? how old is it?

Pete

Sorry Pete - maybe not so clear in my original post, but yes, my laptop has several USB ports and I've tried it on my PC at work, but still, it's not charging. I just have never seen a charging point (as in my speaker) in the form of a jackplug! Hope this helps and makes a modicum of sense?

Thanks

Mark

I have an fm transmitter for my ipod that charges thru the same jack as is used for the ipod.....it takes quite awhile to charge and there is no indicator to say when it is charging or fully charged, hope this helps.

mark270981":nezn6zqj said:
does it have rechargeable batteries in it?

Sure does Mark! And Squib - it has a charging light on it and has been plugged in overnight, but still no joy :cry: According to the bumpf it takes 4 hours to charge with the light ending up green.

Mark

do you know anyone with an iphone? if so use the plug and plug in your cable to the i phone plug and charge from the wall, if that doesn't work then i would say it is faulty

Back