Dissapointed by Fein Multimaster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a board that had some buried nails in it, I used my oldest bimetal blade, cut through the nails, then touched it up the blade with a diamond hone, and now it cuts as finely as a brand new blade. Yes, it's an expensive tool, with expensive accessories, but you can see in the quality where the money's gone.

Well worth sharpening any blade to get the last use out of it, the ones that are welded don't tend to last long enough to get to that stage as the welds fail quite often. Carbon steel (rather than bimetal) will sharpen up temporarily

RogerS":3d2d0gjy said:
The Fein...best tool I ever bought. Got me out of so many holes.
Yep I swore when I had to fork out the £200 for mine to get me out of a tight spot but have used it achieving the results I want many many times.

I haven't used this company but someone said that www.saxtontools.co.uk were good for cheaper blades.

Yes the blades from Saxon tools are fine. My last couple of blades were from them. I too sharpen my blades with a diamond tri file, I assumed everyone did this anyway due to the cost of blades. :D

I understand your frustration. It is possible that you could make some adjustments to your technique to extend blade life. When I first got mine I watched a number of You Tube tutorials by an American carpenter called Jon Eakes who linked in with Fein in the USA and also gets some of their staff to explain how the tool should be used.

Back