disappointing lack of service from woodworkersworkshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinee

Established Member
Reaction score
had a disappointing lack of service and a distinctly unhelpful attitude from woodworkersworkshop recently,as they are woodpecker agents I requested a quote/order for the woodpecker sspro96 story stick,i was initially told they did not sell that range,in reply i pointed out that they already sell two sizes of the story stick plus accessories and requested a check in case an error had been made,i received another distinctly unfriendly and unhelpful reply the gist of which was 'they did not do it,tough,end off'.would this type of attitude to customer service prevail in the USA?i don't think so,you would think they would be trying to encourage sales instead of the opposite,needless to say they will not be getting my custom again!

I have had a contact from Peter asking that I remove my post.he states that woodpecker has not made this item available to them and consequently they can not sell it,unfortunately this statement does not hold water as the Netherlands dealer gereedschrappro has the item in stock for immediate delivery: https://www.gereedschappro.nl/overig/st ... -set/18224

this would tend to disprove the contention that it is not available to dealers outside the USA.so therefore Peter I stand by my view that it was/is lack of interest in customer service in this case,if the positions had of been reversed I would have at least enquired from woodpecker if it was available to be ordered before simply dismissing it out of hand.

I have to say that this is totally contrary to my experience with Peter both as a trainer and in terms of WWW.
I have bought items on line and in person and both Peter and his staff have been brilliant and couldn’t have been more helpful.
As a prime example, I had a discount code but due to a poor internet connection and me being less than proficient on my iPad, I managed to order the goods twice but without the discount. Peter recognised this and sorted everything out to both a duplicate order and applied my discount.
For me, if Peter says he can’t get a particular item from his suppliers then I would take his word without hesitation and look for my items elsewhere. The fact that it is available elsewhere doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be available in the UK or even by every retailer.

Glynne":1vz82toe said:
I have to say that this is totally contrary to my experience with Peter both as a trainer and in terms of WWW.
I have bought items on line and in person and both Peter and his staff have been brilliant and couldn’t have been more helpful.
As a prime example, I had a discount code but due to a poor internet connection and me being less than proficient on my iPad, I managed to order the goods twice but without the discount. Peter recognised this and sorted everything out to both a duplicate order and applied my discount.
For me, if Peter says he can’t get a particular item from his suppliers then I would take his word without hesitation and look for my items elsewhere. The fact that it is available elsewhere doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be available in the UK or even by every retailer.

+1

More retailers like Woodworkers Workshop would be a very good thing, customer service is excellent and where else do you get the winner of multiple Guild Marks to advise you on your purchases?

Peter has informed me of the situation with respect to your request for Woodpecker product. He has also shared his staff's responses to you, which I have to say, seem polite, reasonable and clearly accurate in terms of his position in terms of supply. I know not of any other way he can reasonably inform you that "he doesn't sell those things". I have no intention of turning this into a public row so I'm going to lock the thread and suggest you take up any personal grievance you have directly with Peter. This is not forum business and I for one can't see what else the bloke can be expected to reasonably do! I'm not particularly interested in hearing a character assassination from you about him or indeed anyone else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back