Dewalt DW745

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy builder

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought this table saw, my first as I needed one for my job. I looked around for a light portable ts to compliment my other tools.
Anyway I have a question for anyone who has this machine, the parallel fence is in 2 parts, i.e a fixed part that moves on the rails and another 'L' shaped one that appears to bolt to the fixed fence. If this is bolted to the fixed fence the guide is (which I can adjust) is out by the thickness of the'L' part..following me ?

Why is this part included as it doesn't seem to add anything to the saw ? or am I missing something ? also on the American version, they have a part that folds over to add a small extension to the table, I take it we (UK) don't get this part ?

Apart from that it looks to be a good saw for the price.

busy builder":v06ilcfx said:
Hi, I have just bought this table saw, my first as I needed one for my job. I looked around for a light portable ts to compliment my other tools.
Anyway I have a question for anyone who has this machine, the parallel fence is in 2 parts, i.e a fixed part that moves on the rails and another 'L' shaped one that appears to bolt to the fixed fence. If this is bolted to the fixed fence the guide is (which I can adjust) is out by the thickness of the'L' part..following me ?

Why is this part included as it doesn't seem to add anything to the saw ? or am I missing something ? also on the American version, they have a part that folds over to add a small extension to the table, I take it we (UK) don't get this part ?

Apart from that it looks to be a good saw for the price.

Thanks Blister, I know about that video, buts it's not part of my saw.

Back