Delightful Saturday afternoon...Hmmm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Just spent the last couple of hours unblocking and outside drain, had my hand and arm completely up the U bend dislodging and extracting all sorts of crud. Its the drain that the sink, dishwasher and washing machine all discharge into so it was totally blocked with a disgusting white sort of conglomerate of fat and old soap powder. Finally cleared it with one of those spirally wire thingies and the Karcher power washer with an L shaped extension (sort of thing for cleaning underneath your motor). Tried some of that 'One Shot' stuff - didn't touch it as it was too blocked. Went out to buy some drain rods as well. £33 in Homebase :shock:, £18 in B&Q, £16 in Wickes...pays to look around. Off now for a shower 'cos I do pong a bit :D - Rob

Rob
I have a similar problem with our drain. I got boxes of white gunk out of ours-mainly washing machine powder!!!!
I have told the missus to stop using the economy wash-it doesn't dissolve the powder well enough. or to swap to liquid instead of powder.
Make sure you scrub that arm..... :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

I'm very wary of drains. Mine were made from pitch fibre pipes which collapsed after a few years and the whole lot had to be replaced. Don't even ask what it costs........

Cheers :wink:

Paul

i had a simular problem
tried everything to clear it
drain rods wouldnt get round the bend
one shot didnt touch it
karcher wouldnt get enough pressure to clear it
was getting all frustrated and thinking it got to start digging
when all of a sudden
:idea: :idea:
place an airline in the hole and pack the drain with plastic bags and rags
top up with water and operate airline
it went with the usual bang and glugging of escaping water . havnt had a problem since
i cleaned up with a smile on my face , at the thought of
not needing an overpriced plumber and the spade can stay in the shed
:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back